PDA

View Full Version : Coal Lake??

foxracing_23
01-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Where is the best place to access the lake comming from the north? I heard something about the boat dock, but where is that?

slingshot
01-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Take 50st north through Beaumont continue south you will stop at two stop signs at the second turn left about three klicks on right hand side to ramp stay right as there is a spring off the main road.Also be carefull as you head south on the lake as there is also a water plant to the south.
Hope this helps I ahve been around this lake for thirty years but still no perch seen or caught

foxracing_23
01-07-2008, 07:33 PM
Thanks, Where in the northern part is best to fish?? I dont want to go too far south

is there a boat launch or someother form of parking Where we can walk/skidoo out. Our truck is too damn heavy and I dotn trust taking it on the water

Never fished at coal but these pictures and stories of monsterous pike make me want to try it.

JackBauerHunter
01-07-2008, 10:19 PM
There are numerous spots to fish for good size pike along the north end. Basically anywhere along the east side from the bay just off of the boat launch. You will see seeral small points that jut out from the shore. I have caught several big pike both in shallow (six feet and less) and deeper towards the middle of the lake. There is a parking lot/staging area just above the boat launch where you can park and walk or take your snowmobile. If I go in my car I usually park and walk, it takes me about 10 minutes to get to a good spot along the east side. I have also caught quite a few perch out of here using a maggot or meal worm. Good luck!