PDA

View Full Version : A good place to camp at or near Waterton park?

Kurt505
08-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Anyone have any suggestions as to where to camp at or near Waterton park, preferably with full hook ups?

nevercatchmuch
08-18-2011, 06:38 PM
try crooked creek campground. it's about 10 minutes from the park

ÜberFly
08-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Crandell (sp? is nicer then the townsite) but it's tent only (I think) and about a 15 - 20 min drive back to town (if that's important to you). Or any of the 2 or 3 outside of the park are good (less busy).

Last time I was there (townsite - stop over for a backpacking trip) there was an RV with a full big screen/satellite set up going on for the kids!! WTF! This is one of the nicest places on earth and you bring Satellite TV - are you kidding me!! Oh I should add that it was 30 degrees out all week!!

P

Eddy62
08-18-2011, 10:38 PM
Anyone have any suggestions as to where to camp at or near Waterton park, preferably with full hook ups?

maimi lake or i call it paine lake at mountain view ab probably 20 minutes from the gates great trout fishing from boat or shore. no hook ups but great place to camp this time off year probably no one there have a good time...................................

nevercatchmuch
08-19-2011, 08:59 AM
for full hookups of all the places listed I believe only crooked creek has full hookups. Waterton springs also has some, I think.