PDA

View Full Version : Low Bow today

WayneChristie
08-01-2011, 06:55 PM
Well, after having company down to fish yesterday, and it being a slow day, fishing today was a lot better. Started off tossing panther martins and getting a lot of mooneye, ended up with at least 15 or 20 today. the river was very clear, for a change, got to scope out the run I like to fish and was amazed to see a huge school of big suckers hanging out there. They werent feeding much, though I did manage to catch 4 of them. The biggest was 5 pounds, lots of fun on a micro rod and 4 pound line in the current. It was also one of the smaller ones in the school, some were twice that big at least. Then I lost the spinner to a nice pike, so i changed to a heavier rod and caught it, just over 5 pounds and very fat for the river. I switched to worms, and was reeling in after a bit to check my bait, when my line started peeling off the reel, thought I had caught another good sturgeon, but turned out I had hooked a 6 1/2 pound pike in the middle of its gillplate . Had to fight it in heavy current sideways, that was a lot of fun :sHa_shakeshout: caught a couple walleye, one was about 3 pounds or so, had those fish leaches on its tail, the smaller one didnt. both were very fat, Im thinking the feed is good in the river this year. It wasnt as hot as yesterday which was nice, and not much wind at all.
saw a big snake down the shore taking a frog off the bank, went right off the bank into the water with a splash, that was interesting. I hope everyone else had good luck on your weekend.

Unknown303
08-01-2011, 08:22 PM
How far south are we talking when you say the lower bow??

chubbdarter
08-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Good to hear WC.....we had great fishing all weekend....and as a bonus litterally made life Horrible for 4 other so called fisherman today

The Fisherman Guy
08-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Chubbs, did you bust some poachers today?

WayneChristie
08-01-2011, 08:55 PM
How far south are we talking when you say the lower bow??

by river I dont know, by road about 30 miles from the end of it AKA the forks. where Im stopping off tomorrow likely, hopefully Dago saved me a fish or 2