PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon : Where are the fish!? Why?

bloopbloob
08-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Was out there a couple weeks ago, was catching about 20 fish in 3-4 hours every trip out, went out this weekend several times, sometimes 3 of us fishing, not one fish landed all weekend by anyone. What's going on? I was on a different area of the lake this time. but not a single fish? seems odd... tried all over, from 3 feet to 25ft, and nothing. There was a blue green algae warning for the lake, would that have anything to do with it?

dragon
08-02-2011, 08:42 AM
Was out there a couple weeks ago, was catching about 20 fish in 3-4 hours every trip out, went out this weekend several times, sometimes 3 of us fishing, not one fish landed all weekend by anyone. What's going on? I was on a different area of the lake this time. but not a single fish? seems odd... tried all over, from 3 feet to 25ft, and nothing. There was a blue green algae warning for the lake, would that have anything to do with it?

I picked up 3 hammer handles infront of itasca in 9 ft of water. was out for about 2 hours.. that was it tho!

Out of curiosity I went in to sunset harbour with the fish cam to show some friends how it worked. Checked out the under water irrigation system they have in there. Also saw 2 eyes cruisin while the cam was down there.

Stewie
08-02-2011, 08:48 AM

We were out at the cabin all weekend... fishing was a little slow during the day with all the activity on the lake... but the last 3 or 4 hours before dark we couldnt keep the walleye off the line... with three people fishing each night we had around 60 - 70 walleye... best luck was in 10 feet of water...

Anton Chigurh
08-02-2011, 08:59 AM
Everytime I cast into the water, a fish would bite (all pike for me).

Maybe there were just schools swimming by my area constantly.

It was actually a little bit frustrating because I was trying to get my girlfriend back to the shore so she could pee, hahaha.