PDA

View Full Version : Report a poacher

780sjc
08-03-2011, 10:07 PM
So through a friend of a friend I saw on facebook a rather disturbing photo taken at wabamun lake. I generally dont like to get in other peoples business but so many things about the photo just make my blood boil. Just curious as to what I can do with photo evidence? Do fish and wildlife have an email address I could email it too? And if they got it and could identify the individuals is anything able to be done after the incident?

Exremely disgusted and just want to let them know it will not be tolerated. And the stupidity of putting it as your Facebook profile picture is incredible.

mooseknuckle
08-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Post the pics here! I know myself and a whole whack of guys and gals on here that will send it to the proper authorities not to mention those of us who spend alot of time out there may recognize the perps or their boat or vehicle.

southunter
08-03-2011, 10:42 PM
Better yet call Report A Poacher 1800-642-3800 and tell them what you got. If you broadcast it across the web before the officer has a chance to investigate you may alert the bad guys and evidence will disappear. If you can copy the photos and the officer will let you know what to do with them.

slivers86
08-03-2011, 10:50 PM
Agreed,

Call the proper authroities to make sure he/she is dealt with. Give it a month, and save the photo too, and than show us, you will probably be contacted if the person is prosecuted, and even asked to fill out a statement if you report it and its bad enough.

BGSH
08-04-2011, 12:45 AM
report it for sure, i was wondering the same thing as someone on a friend of a friend on facebook shows a pictures of them catching a walleye on the nsr and said they kept it showing a pic of the walleye in there house caught from the river, cant belive people these days 0 limit walleye in most places.

Ebrand
08-04-2011, 07:58 AM
Rat them out. Every way that you can. Go to court if need be be.

Our kids will not be able to fish or hunt if we don't help protect our resources and deal with the idiots.

outdoors forever
08-04-2011, 09:09 AM
Rat them out. Every way that you can. Go to court if need be be.

Our kids will not be able to fish or hunt if we don't help protect our resources and deal with the idiots.

X2 - agreed.

walking buffalo
08-04-2011, 09:18 AM
Do not post the pics or names here until after the investigation is completed.

Call the Report A Poacher (RAP) hotline toll-free at 1-800-642-3800.

RAP works in a similar fashion to Crimestoppers. All information about the caller is kept completely confidential. A caller can remain anonymous.

Report a Poacher
http://www.ab-conservation.com/go/default/index.cfm/programs/report-a-poacher/

780sjc
08-04-2011, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the help guys. I got the email address of a F&W officer and send it out to him. I guess it's time to just wait and see what can be done.

mooseknuckle
08-04-2011, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the help guys. I got the email address of a F&W officer and send it out to him. I guess it's time to just wait and see what can be done.

Thats the right move, sorry I jumped the gun with my earlier post. I think part of me just wanted to see the SOB. If you don't hear back in a timely fashion then it maybe time to let a few more in on it that way if there are several complaints issued they may be a little more motivated to act upon the situation, not tsaying they wont.