PDA

View Full Version : Alberta;s top court dismisses lucy appeal to hold a trial

BGSH
08-04-2011, 02:04 PM
http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110804/edm_lucy_110804/20110804/?hub=EdmontonHome

poor lucky should be sent to Calgary at least where there are at least a few elephants to socalize with. :argue2:

Okotokian
08-04-2011, 02:13 PM
Guess the price wasn't right. Score one for sanity.

BGSH
08-04-2011, 04:31 PM
have you ever been to edmonton zoo, it is probably the worst in canada and calgarys zoo is probably one of the best in canada

Okotokian
08-04-2011, 04:35 PM
have you ever been to edmonton zoo, it is probably the worst in canada and calgarys zoo is probably one of the best in canada

I can't really comment as those are the only two big zoos I've ever been to... and one of those little crappy private zoos.

huntinstuff
08-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Id like to hunt an elephant

Okotokian
08-04-2011, 04:59 PM

LOL oh you shut up. we are talking animal cruelty and there you are... ;) :)

Jimmyjjj
08-04-2011, 08:14 PM

Can you imagine the size of those T bones!!!

Seriously though. I don't care for zoos one bit. Until they give every animal the space they would get in the wild, I will be against them.

cccan
08-05-2011, 07:52 AM
could you imagine to donation to the Bristol center...wow they could eat for months

Kim473
08-06-2011, 05:30 AM
I think Bob B. has other motives. Does he have a $ interest in there so called sactuary? lucy is a prime candidate for breading and Bob is after another female Elephant in eastern canada now. The Calgary zoo is the best in the world IMO. Edmonton zoo should close tho, Its a petting zoo at best. Send Lucy to Calgary but dont let Bob take her. Bob B. keep to haveing your dogs and cats nutered.

hayseed
08-06-2011, 07:01 AM

Mmmmmmmm..........elephant backstraps......:)

BGSH
06-03-2013, 12:04 AM
Can't believe Lucy is still locked up. Sad isn't it.

rwm1273
06-03-2013, 09:37 AM

Lots of night clubs in Edmonton that are ripe for hunting elephants. Whales and other mammalians are also often seen at these places.

rwm1273
06-03-2013, 09:38 AM
Can you imagine the size of those T bones!!!

Seriously though. I don't care for zoos one bit. Until they give every animal the space they would get in the wild, I will be against them.

They need all that space to keep away from predators.

nof60
06-03-2013, 09:41 AM
Calgary Zoo is getting rid of their elephants

happy honker
06-03-2013, 09:52 AM
I would probably de-one the elephant and pack it out, cut up for the freezer...as I've really no place to hang an elephant in my garage.

Selkirk
06-03-2013, 11:25 AM
. . . poor lucky should be sent to Calgary at least where there are at least a few elephants to socalize with . . .

What Nof60 said (post #14) ... The elephants at the Calgary zoo are going to be shipped to other zoos . . .

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/story/2012/04/19/calgary-zoo-elephants-move-relocate.html

TF

BGSH
06-03-2013, 11:36 AM
What Nof60 said (post #14) ... The elephants at the Calgary zoo are going to be shipped to other zoos . . .

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/story/2012/04/19/calgary-zoo-elephants-move-relocate.html

TF

They should bring Lucy along. She may want to see her own kind as it's Been over five years since Lucy has seen another elephant.

super7mag
06-03-2013, 01:43 PM
They should bring Lucy along. She may want to see her own kind as it's Been over five years since Lucy has seen another elephant.

Why would you assume that an animal is having human like feelings? You seen how that worked out for Tredwell. They are not human thus do not have the same emotions , what if I said " taking her away from her trainer and people she knows will break her heart", it the same emotional gobbledygook . The fact remains she is just fine where she is.

BGSH
06-03-2013, 01:48 PM
Why would you assume that an animal is having human like feelings? You seen how that worked out for Tredwell. They are not human thus do not have the same emotions , what if I said " taking her away from her trainer and people she knows will break her heart", it the same emotional gobbledygook . The fact remains she is just fine where she is.

Really, so it's better lucy doesn't see or interact with her own?? geez duh, i'm so stupid, why don't we do this to all animals? your right it is way better shes by herself and she doesn't need to see another elephant.

Selkirk
06-03-2013, 01:51 PM

From what I understand, because of her age and health conditions, a move to another zoo would be too much of a shock for her.

The elephants in the Calgary zoo are younger, and in good health.

TF

nof60
06-03-2013, 02:21 PM
Really, so it's better lucy doesn't see or interact with her own?? geez duh, i'm so stupid, why don't we do this to all animals? your right it is way better shes by herself and she doesn't need to see another elephant.

We do, its called a domestic cat or a housdog or a goldfish. Grow up. Its an animal.

Sooner
06-03-2013, 02:29 PM

And if she dies during transport to the USA, what will you and the activists say then. Opps sorry about that. A few more years here, well looked after and well fed will not hurt poor Lucy imo. I think these animal rights people should direct their energy where they can do good. Lucy's time to be moved has passed, these people need let the issue go already. For the time and money they have spent trying to move her, a whole lot of funds could have been spread around to shelters, adoption agencies etc.

Stewie
06-03-2013, 02:34 PM
From what I understand, because of her age and health conditions, a move to another zoo would be too much of a shock for her.

The elephants in the Calgary zoo are younger, and in good health.

TF

X2...

Tactical Lever
06-03-2013, 02:47 PM
Getting a little sick of hearing how they want to move the elephant. Just put it out of it's (supposed) misery already.

I wonder how many of the Peta-esque do-gooders have donated time and/or money to non-animal charities lately.

The Edmonton zoo is pretty crappy for animal space. The seal probably had it worst with something the size of a hot tub to swim in. The elephant probably has it the best, as it can be walked around the place more. Probably not too much to brag on, though.