PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Fish Tags

Need More Fish'n time
08-04-2011, 03:48 PM
Hi can anyone enlighten me on the difference between the yellow fish tags and the white ones?

The yellow ones have a line to handwrite the species, WIN & Name. The white ones have all the info including the slot size and the lake and are printed on a computer. Any idea why some are the yellow kind? I got Baptiste Slot A for 2011 and don't want any issues when I tag a fish with a handwritten yellow tag...

Thanks!

Hunter Trav
08-05-2011, 10:51 AM
The yellow tags are for when you purchase online, white ones come from a store...

Rockymtnx
08-05-2011, 12:55 PM
The yellow tags are for when you purchase online, white ones come from a store...
I could be wrong Trav, but I think some retailers also have yellow tags.
I am almost positive some of the bear hunters here this spring got yellow tags from the retail stores.

alacringa
08-05-2011, 02:54 PM
At least for hunting, all tags need to be yellow this year (i.e. can't be the old orange ones -- I've never seen white ones). I would have assumed it was the same for fish tags; but I must admit I'm not certain.

Stewie
08-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Turn it over... :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Rockymtnx
08-05-2011, 03:13 PM
At least for hunting, all tags need to be yellow this year (i.e. can't be the old orange ones -- I've never seen white ones). I would have assumed it was the same for fish tags; but I must admit I'm not certain.

Yes the tags come out of the same machine so they should be the same.

Hunter Trav
08-05-2011, 05:41 PM
I could be wrong Trav, but I think some retailers also have yellow tags.
I am almost positive some of the bear hunters here this spring got yellow tags from the retail stores.

I was just guessing at this as it seemed logical the way he explained it, guess I should've phrased it that way...

Need More Fish'n time
08-06-2011, 01:36 PM
Thanks! Yah, I've never purchased the online before. Thanks!