PDA

View Full Version : Why is everyone complaining about Cabelas??

FishingFrenzy
08-04-2011, 10:01 PM
SOO, Why is nobody impressed with the new cabelas??? I went in there tonight, it was PACKED. The staff were allll super helpful (as best they could) and all the products seemed to be stocked well. The prices on fishing stuff were very comparable for the most part to other stores as well as having very impressive selection. Plus, theres a 5 dollar rapala bin which is AMAZING!!! Also some other great sales on fishing gear.

Granted, I dont hunt so I didnt look around the hunting section.

That just my bit, I feel overall its a really great store!

'frenzy

HunterDave
08-04-2011, 10:14 PM
Expectations might have been a little high maybe? :confused0024:

bobalong
08-04-2011, 11:01 PM
You will find that a few people (very small minority) on here love to dwell on the negative. It would not matter if it was Cabelas, WSS or Bass Pro that opened, the response would be the same.
I was at the opening of the new WSS north store shortly after it opened, at the WSS south store opening and at the Cabelas opening. I thought they were all great, but then I find it very hard to be negative about anything as I wander for hours through a hunting and/or fishing store, regardless of the name on the door.

horsetrader
08-04-2011, 11:17 PM
But its still just another store do we need just another store why should I give up the support and good will that I have now just for another store.I'll stick with THE FISHING HOLE

HunterDave
08-04-2011, 11:54 PM
But its still just another store do we need just another store why should I give up the support and good will that I have now just for another store.I'll stick with THE FISHING HOLE

And I'll bet that you don't shop for car insurance quotes when it comes to renew either. :)

horsetrader
08-05-2011, 12:00 AM
And I'll bet that you don't shop for car insurance quotes when it comes to renew either. :)

You don't have to shop around when you start with the best.......:)

DNORTHERNSNIPER
08-05-2011, 12:09 AM
If people get a VIP invite for an event they expect some kind of special pricing or something.
When I plan a VIP event for the store I work at we go and make special prices for those people to show how important they are to us and how much we appreciate their business.
It seems everyone and my self expected Cabela's to do the same and have at least a price break for the VIP day or something.....
Or don't call it a VIP invite.
It's a good way to tarnish your so called VIP customers.

If we would of known, I wouldn't of rushed down there to pay retail prices on everything.....all my pals who met me there agreed :thinking-006:

mudbug
08-05-2011, 12:26 AM
I'm in no rush to visit there yet, I'll wait til the crowds are smaller and then I'll decide what to think of the place :thinking-006:

Okotokian
08-05-2011, 12:42 AM
If people get a VIP invite for an event they expect some kind of special pricing or something.
When I plan a VIP event for the store I work at we go and make special prices for those people to show how important they are to us and how much we appreciate their business.
It seems everyone and my self expected Cabela's to do the same and have at least a price break for the VIP day or something.....

If we would of known, I wouldn't of rushed down there to pay retail prices on everything.....all my pals who met me there agreed :thinking-006:

How exactly was one identified as a "VIP"?

In any event we saw the same thing here when BPS opened. Some folks were pizzing themselves for months, going on about the coming hunting nirvana, saying how it was going to totally change the retail landscape, bring low low US prices, and drive WSS out of business. None of it came true. In the end they are just stores.

jhl
08-05-2011, 03:54 AM
Was there today also, found most items same pricing as WSS. one camping oven was $160.00 more than Costco and they do not have any buckshot shotgun shells in store. Have to go with the not impressed group.:sign0161:

demolition101
08-05-2011, 06:20 AM
Where, ever did Cabelas say that you were getting VIP pricing. You got a chance to see the store first that's it. Stop whinning you're not celebrities.

Killerb
08-05-2011, 06:50 AM
Where, ever did Cabelas say that you were getting VIP pricing. You got a chance to see the store first that's it. Stop whinning you're not celebrities.
How do you know. I could be kenny chesney.

Nickote316
08-05-2011, 06:54 AM
Went there last night and was pretty impressed. They had some good prices on rifles in the gun library and a big selection of fishing stuff. In the end its another outdoorsmen store that gives us more variety and a cool place to shop.

Mxyzptik
08-05-2011, 06:55 AM

The sale items were at the end of the aisle's. I'm not sure what store all you guys who are complaining about no sale prices were at ? You remind me of the guy on the A&W commercial who's pizz'd that they didn't tell him the spicy Mama burger was back and is surrounded by signs showing it.

I bought a pack of 6 walleye runner crankbaits for $14.99, I got a set of those shooting ear muffs that both enhance and block out noise depending on the frequency complete with some shooting glasses with 4 sets of different colors lenses for a great price. There was a great deal on 22 shells, there was a huge display of duck calls for $9.99, all of these on the ends of the aisle.

This board is fast becoming the hold my hand before I throw a tantrum and cry board.

What the heck do all you whiners do when you're out hunting and conditions get tough ? Call your Momma's ?

Mom... I'm at Cabela's and the stuff I wanted isn't on sale wah wah wah and there's no meat on the buffet and the dip isn't near as good as yours, wah !

Oh and like demolition said " you're not celebrites " get over yourselves.

rammer
08-05-2011, 07:09 AM
The sale items were at the end of the aisle's. I'm not sure what store all you guys who are complaining about no sale prices were at ? You remind me of the guy on the A&W commercial who's pizz'd that they didn't tell him the spicy Mama burger was back and is surrounded by signs showing it.

I bought a pack of 6 walleye runner crankbaits for $14.99, I got a set of those shooting ear muffs that both enhance and block out noise depending on the frequency complete with some shooting glasses with 4 sets of different colors lenses for a great price. There was a great deal on 22 shells, there was a huge display of duck calls for $9.99, all of these on the ends of the aisle.

This board is fast becoming the hold my hand before I throw a tantrum and cry board.

What the heck do all you whiners do when you're out hunting and conditions get tough ? Call your Momma's ?

Mom... I'm at Cabela's and the stuff I wanted isn't on sale wah wah wah and there's no meat on the buffet and the dip isn't near as good as yours, wah !

Oh and like demolition said " you're not celebrites " get over yourselves.

X2

Certain people just love to complain and don't know how to have a good time. Think of all the posts where a couple guys having beers fishing ruin a guys entire weekend. Think of all the posts where people's hunting trips are ruined because other people are in their "spot" on crown land.

Whiners will always find something to whine about. Such is life.

Grizzly Adams
08-05-2011, 07:29 AM

That's what savy marketing is all about. Worst thing is to disappoint your customers on their first visit.

Grizz

Mxyzptik
08-05-2011, 07:32 AM
X2

Certain people just love to complain and don't know how to have a good time. Think of all the posts where a couple guys having beers fishing ruin a guys entire weekend. Think of all the posts where people's hunting trips are ruined because other people are in their "spot" on crown land.

You are right of course, I should be following the advice of that post yesterday re: does the internet make you made. That was funny stuff. It just seems like lately that's all I hear and it drives me a little nuts.

I remember when I first started ordering from Cabela's back in the '70's. There was no where that you could get good hunting gear around here back then. We bought some stuff from the Mountain Shop and places like that , they had quality stuff but the selection was limited. We bow hunted wearing a green/black checked jac shirt because there was no camo. Visschers archery shop had some bolts of camo material ( 3 patterns ) and if your wife was a good seamstress you could get your very own camo sweatsuit lol. My pack for sheep hunting was an aluminum framed backpack with the orange nylon bag attached but it worked and I was damned glad just to be out there on top of the mountain with it.

Back then the Cabela's catologue was like Christmas and you could hardly wait until the package came. Today the selection and quality of the gear is exceptional but all folks do is b%&*#h. The instant gratification phenomenon is not producing a well balanced society IMO.

Thanks for the coaching, I'll try and chill.

sdimedru
08-05-2011, 07:58 AM
I thought it was fine, it was nice to see a full array of leaders and tippet available!

Also, got a pretty decent deal on a new Bushnell 8MP Trophy Cam, beat WSS price by a longshot

Raptor
08-05-2011, 08:14 AM
I don't care what the service is like as long as I'm in a hunting/fishing store. Its like a hockey game to me. It takes my mind off of the crap in life.
:sHa_shakeshout:

horsetrader
08-05-2011, 08:19 AM
X2

Yes so you are demonstrating.

rammer
08-05-2011, 08:38 AM
Yes so you are demonstrating.

So be it. At least the new Cabela's has way better service than THE FISHING HOLE

horsetrader
08-05-2011, 08:45 AM
So be it. At least the new Cabela's has way better service than THE FISHING HOLE

And you can tell that with one visit hahahahahahahah well done

edober
08-05-2011, 08:57 AM
My kids accidently threw out my "VIP pass" for Wednesday's opening. They felt bad about it, because they thought I would miss out on some great sales. They went as far as calling Cabelas in Winnipeg and asking for a replacement pass. Cabelas assured them, that all I would have to do was show up at the customer service counter and tell them my name. They said they had called the Edmonton store and arranged evrything. I drove in from the Fort, showed up at the door explained the situation. The girl at the door looked flustered and called for the store Manager (Jeff Tymo). I explained the situation again, only to be dismissed and treated very rudely by this little #@%$. If you don't have a pass, you don't get in. So, I left a bit ****ed off. Thinking I had missed out on some huge opportunity, I made a call back to Cabelas to complain. They said that they had everything arranged, and that they would call me back. Shortly after, I received a call from the Winnipeg store manager (in Edmontobn for the opening) apologizing for what had happened. He asked me if I would please come back, and that he would happily hand deliver me another pass at my vehicle in the parking lot. So. I got in after all Jeff, thanks for nothing. After getting in to this "VIP event" . I found no big deals, only a large mass of over-crowded VIP customers. What a joke! Gee, Jeff Tymo what an exclusive event. I can see what all the fuss was about. I must send a shout out to The Winnipeg staff and their store manager "Phil" for making things right. But, I do think the Edmonton manager with the power trip "little man" syndrome needs a lesson or two on how to treat customers. Just my little rant for the day.

Stewie
08-05-2011, 09:01 AM
My kids accidently threw out my "VIP pass" for Wednesday's opening. They felt bad about it, because they thought I would miss out on some great sales. They went as far as calling Cabelas in Winnipeg and asking for a replacement pass. Cabelas assured them, that all I would have to do was show up at the customer service counter and tell them my name. They said they had called the Edmonton store and arranged evrything. I drove in from the Fort, showed up at the door explained the situation. The girl at the door looked flustered and called for the store Manager (Jeff Tymo). I explained the situation again, only to be dismissed and treated very rudely by this little #@%$. If you don't have a pass, you don't get in. So, I left a bit ****ed off. Thinking I had missed out on some huge opportunity, I made a call back to Cabelas to complain. They said that they had everything arranged, and that they would call me back. Shortly after, I received a call from the Winnipeg store manager (in Edmontobn for the opening) apologizing for what had happened. He asked me if I would please come back, and that he would happily hand deliver me another pass at my vehicle in the parking lot. So. I got in after all Jeff, thanks for nothing. After getting in to this "VIP event" . I found no big deals, only a large mass of over-crowded VIP customers. What a joke! Gee, Jeff Tymo what an exclusive event. I can see what all the fuss was about. I must send a shout out to The Winnipeg staff and their store manager "Phil" for making things right. But, I do think the Edmonton manager with the power trip "little man" syndrome needs a lesson or two on how to treat customers. Just my little rant for the day.

Crazy... how many other people do you think said they "lost" their VIP passes... Crazy that the girl was flustered with you having to deal with the thousands of people trying to get in...

horsetrader
08-05-2011, 09:03 AM

Excellent customer service................LOL

Jager
08-05-2011, 09:50 AM
Jeff used to work at Home Depot.......how many times have you been in there and had your hat blown off with exceptional customer service?

I agree with a lot of what is being said. Will Cabelas be the cheepest and best store in Edmonton? No........after all they are a store and as such do need to make money. The "VIP" opening is just a big bait and switch.

"You are special, come to our store!"

-"Oh Ah........store is so nice, where are the deals?"

"Don't forget that you are special!"

It's all jsut smoke and mirrors. Lets just all be happy we have another store in Edmonton that will hopefully have primers and powder when we all need!

pointer
08-05-2011, 10:21 AM
Are their prices the same as their flyers they send out or their candian web site is the price all jacked because its alberta?

LongDraw
08-05-2011, 10:22 AM
I'm thinking that when the boards/ upper management of these companies are planning expansions north of their borders they have a spreadsheet that shows the extra margin that Canadians are willing to pay at home. Why else expand unless there is financial incentive?

Two totally different markets and therefore different prices. Look at the price of cars, appliances, homes, RV's, clothes, groceries, etc, etc, etc.. Mostly all cheaper in the US. More than just cost of goods and overhead go into what kind of mark-up goes onto products. Bottom line is Canadians are willing to pay more for things.

Don't expect the same prices in Canada just because the name on the front of the store is the same..

pdfish
08-05-2011, 11:17 AM
I'm thinking that when the boards/ upper management of these companies are planning expansions north of their borders they have a spreadsheet that shows the extra margin that Canadians are willing to pay at home. Why else expand unless there is financial incentive?

Two totally different markets and therefore different prices. Look at the price of cars, appliances, homes, RV's, clothes, groceries, etc, etc, etc.. Mostly all cheaper in the US. More than just cost of goods and overhead go into what kind of mark-up goes onto products. Bottom line is Canadians are willing to pay more for things.

Don't expect the same prices in Canada just because the name on the front of the store is the same..

I actually checked the US website for a couple things I was going in to buy, (just for comparison sake) and it was the same price in store.

kccon
08-05-2011, 04:10 PM
it was time to replace our worn out sausage making equip, went to Cabelas and saved 700.00 over halfords prices, and 500.00 over BPS.some good deals on butcherng products as well

Redfrog
08-05-2011, 04:19 PM
How do you know. I could be kenny chesney.

Whose that?:thinking-006:

sullijr
08-05-2011, 04:30 PM
I stood in line for about an hour to pay for my items and had a great conversation with the people around me ,not one complaint from anyone except when It was my turn to pay.thenI met one of these whiners he pushed his way into the line beside me and demanded a set of fishing regulations I told him to go to the end of the line and wait like everyone else or go to Canadian tire.I was ignored and the girl found one for him.I hope he reads this then goes for a swim in Pigeon Lake with the blue alge.

ruger300
08-05-2011, 04:42 PM
If the store didn't impress you, fine, y'all probably won't come back. Makes more room for me to wander the isles I guess.

ruger300

bigbuck19
08-05-2011, 04:58 PM
I mostly just went for the sake of checking things out, I thought it was super cool! Plus they have tons of womens camo, I'm happy. :sHa_shakeshout: I got asked by 3 different people if I needed help too! Hundreds of people crammed into a store and I get better service there than WSS on a slow day.

huntinstuff
08-05-2011, 05:09 PM
God could open a store and someone would complain

sheephunter
08-05-2011, 05:10 PM

:sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout:

DNORTHERNSNIPER
08-05-2011, 05:11 PM
That's what savy marketing is all about. Worst thing is to disappoint your customers on their first visit.

Grizz

FIRST IMPRESSIONS ARE EVERYTHING
If you can't make a customer happy on their first visit, they will probably leave unimpressed and maybe go else where.
They should of had a seperate VIP flyer for that day only.

Yes it was cool to get in the store before the main opening.
And I will mention that the store is merchandised well, and the staff were great.

wolfriver
08-05-2011, 09:39 PM

What exactly did you do that you think you are a V I P ?

Jimmyjjj
08-05-2011, 09:57 PM
I just got back from Cabela's!!!! It was so great! I only spent $400 but I am going back tomorrow. I got my first trail cam, a knife, a ball cap, some noise canceling ear muffs and a bunch of small stuff... I really want to get the 1 hp meat grinder, a meat slicer, some decoys, and some new broadheads... It feels like I am not spending as much when I only spend $400 each day.

shekaree
08-05-2011, 11:19 PM
I was there looking for Cz magazines at Cabelas and they had NONE. I was also looking for Primos shooting tripod stick and they have NONE. Luckily I went to Huntfest today and got the shooting sticks from there. Also, the WSS was sports was giving 10% discounts on all of their, optics, archery, knives, firearms and every thing they had was 10% off. No they were not selling firearms at huntfest but they were giving coupons for 10% off. Definitely some saving for up coming hunting season. They were also giving a rifle, a riflescope and 1000 dollar gift card on a draw basis.

oh yeah, guess what, how cheap Cabelas can get???? they send out a guy at north edmonton WSS and this guy was asking every customer going to WSS if they know how to get to Cabelas???? he was giving directions to Cabelas....now how do I know this, I live not too far from WSS....

chubbdarter
08-05-2011, 11:26 PM
I was there looking for Cz magazines at Cabelas and they had NONE. I was also looking for Primos shooting tripod stick and they have NONE. Luckily I went to Huntfest today and got the shooting sticks from there. Also, the WSS was sports was giving 10% discounts on all of their, optics, archery, knives, firearms and every thing they had was 10% off. No they were not selling firearms at huntfest but they were giving coupons for 10% off. Definitely some saving for up coming hunting season. They were also giving a rifle, a riflescope and 1000 dollar gift card on a draw basis.

oh yeah, guess what, how cheap Cabelas can get???? they send out a guy at north edmonton WSS and this guy was asking every customer going to WSS if they know how to get to Cabelas???? he was giving directions to Cabelas....now how do I know this, I live not too far from WSS....

Ambulance chasing.....not good if true

DNORTHERNSNIPER
08-05-2011, 11:45 PM
What exactly did you do that you think you are a V I P ?

Well pal....... I have bought over $7000 dollars of HUNTING stuff from Cabela's Winnipeg and their U.S stores and they send me e mails and invites saying I am........a Very Important Person..:) .....hence the title: VIP. :argue2:

Gust
08-05-2011, 11:53 PM
I think us Calgarians are upset because we now have a reason to go to Edmonton,,, isn't that a complaint enough?

:scared0018:

horsetrader
08-05-2011, 11:56 PM
I think us Calgarians are upset because we now have a reason to go to Edmonton,,, isn't that a complaint enough?

:scared0018:

Maybe they have delivery ......................:)

Gust
08-06-2011, 12:01 AM
Maybe they have delivery ......................:)

Ohhh trader, I was tryin to brew up some rivalry jabs and you had to get all diplomatic and smiley faced.

But I do wonder why Cowtown didn't get the store, we have less lakes n'such but a greater variety of fish besides redsuckers and blue sauger? hmmmmm, conspiracy me thinks.

Dust1n
08-06-2011, 12:03 AM
Ohhh trader, I was tryin to brew up some rivalry jabs and you had to get all diplomatic and smiley faced.

But I do wonder why Cowtown didn't get the store, we have less lakes n'such but a greater variety of fish besides redsuckers and blue sauger? hmmmmm, conspiracy me thinks.

cowtowns got BPS

horsetrader
08-06-2011, 12:05 AM

Ya i wish you got it to would mean less people coming to Edmonton.
We don't need the influx of people that have guns

TheKi
08-06-2011, 12:10 AM
there should be a cabelas in calgary, im tired of bass pros over priced products and paying an extra 30% on stuff shipped from across the border, my dad bought a jhon boat from them, it said $600 something on there site and when we bought it it was $900 something. imo i would rather have cabelas

bigfishen
08-06-2011, 12:10 AM

He did and its called Cabela's

Gust
08-06-2011, 12:21 AM
Ya i wish you got it to would mean less people coming to Edmonton.
We don't need the influx of people that have guns

but our charm is so contagious?

TheKi
08-06-2011, 12:30 AM
but our charm is so contagious?

so is the murder bug

Gust
08-06-2011, 12:34 AM
so is the murder bug

But us Calgarians would make EDM cheery again with our nasally dialect

TheKi
08-06-2011, 12:44 AM

another thing calgary can brag about:sHa_shakeshout:

horsetrader
08-06-2011, 01:03 AM

And the checks in the mail heard them all

pikergolf
08-06-2011, 01:08 AM
I just got back from Cabela's!!!! It was so great! I only spent $400 but I am going back tomorrow. I got my first trail cam, a knife, a ball cap, some noise canceling ear muffs and a bunch of small stuff... I really want to get the 1 hp meat grinder, a meat slicer, some decoys, and some new broadheads... It feels like I am not spending as much when I only spend $400 each day.

LOL awesome post :sHa_shakeshout:

260 Rem
08-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Actually, he has opened stores in every country, albeit under different corporate logos. The complaining can get pretty extreme. Occassionally, he does something to adress the complaints...like the Spanish Inquisition!

The Elkster
08-06-2011, 10:13 AM
I'm wait for the b@$ching to start when someone tries to order from the US Cabela's that is selling the same product for less than the edm store...and they will no longer do it because they won't undersell the local outfit. That should make for some good fireworks.

32-40win
08-06-2011, 10:15 AM
ya'd think now that we are a generation or so away from it, that it may have subsided, maybe it's a genetic thing that won't go away in Edmontonians. It had to be said once again;:)

WHINERS!!

pikergolf
08-06-2011, 11:33 AM
I'm wait for the b@$ching to start when someone tries to order from the US Cabela's that is selling the same product for less than the edm store...and they will no longer do it because they won't undersell the local outfit. That should make for some good fireworks.

That better not happen. :argue2: I'm in the south so hopefully won't influence me. As an aside I notice that now they are having everyone pay in there own countries currency, and that the Canadian dollar price is the same as the US dollar price. It will be interesting when I tell them I want to pay in US dollars, we'll see.

great white whaler
08-06-2011, 11:50 AM
canadians are way over charged on pretty well every thing they buy ,,,,6 dollars for a "rapala" come on.

kennedy
08-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Are their prices the same as their flyers they send out or their candian web site is the price all jacked because its alberta?

Yes, I haven't gone in there yet so i can't really comment yet. However, i was just in Cabelas last thursday and Basspro on wednesday in the states and the prices there were phenomenal. I ended buying 3 pairs of boots. 2 upland cabelas for $200 and 1 pair of 2000g thinsulate for $108. upland wrangler, redhead, and cabelas pants for 19.99 and one other was 24.99.
Very cheap prices there in the states.

The issue here should be that when a company comes in from the US and provides some competition to local business, then the prices should reflect the ones that are currentl being offered in the states since they are the same company and NOT jack up the prices that are compared to the local business. Or really, is it because we live in Alberta?

I will be there Monday to compare prices!

fordtruckin
08-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Well pal....... I have bought over $7000 dollars of HUNTING stuff from Cabela's Winnipeg and their U.S stores and they send me e mails and invites saying I am........a Very Important Person..:) .....hence the title: VIP. :argue2:

I can think of a few other things VIP can stand for....

The issue here should be that when a company comes in from the US and provides some competition to local business, then the prices should reflect the ones that are currentl being offered in the states since they are the same company and NOT jack up the prices that are compared to the local business. Or really, is it because we live in Alberta?

I can tell you right now why that won't work. What is minimum wage in the US vs Alberta? If a employee is making 8$ an hour in the US because that is average wages, then according to your plan the SAME employee in Alberta would have to get paid $8 an hour otherwise if they paid the Alberta employee wages compareable to other stores say $16 an hour they would be loosing money just by paying their employees. They raise the prices because the cost of living is more. They are a business and businesses make $$. They can't make $$ if they spend it all paying their employees, there is no profit for them. And that dear sir is why your statement will NOT work.

KOOZ
08-06-2011, 08:36 PM

Don't you work at WSS?

6tmile
08-06-2011, 09:18 PM
Cabellas is awsome,today when we were there they were handing out free hats and coats i got six. My two sons were handed coupons for 80% off any hunting rifles. I also won the free draw for the salmon fishing trips for life on the west coast everything supplied. When my feet got sore from walking through the store they carried me out to my truck. No this didnt really happen , but with all the bitching and moaning going on about this store u would think that this is how it should have been when the "VIP" passes were handed out. Its a hunting store. If you dont like the prices shop elsewhere.

sdimedru
08-06-2011, 09:29 PM
I saw a whole aisle dedicated to bipods and shooting sticks, one selection was sold out but they're there!

I agree with most others, y'all are a bunch of whiners

Raptor
08-06-2011, 09:37 PM
I mostly just went for the sake of checking things out, I thought it was super cool! Plus they have tons of womens camo, I'm happy. :sHa_shakeshout: I got asked by 3 different people if I needed help too! Hundreds of people crammed into a store and I get better service there than WSS on a slow day.

Uh, it could have something to do with your looks and gender.:snapoutofit:

horsetrader
08-06-2011, 09:37 PM
I saw a whole aisle dedicated to bipods and shooting sticks, one selection was sold out but they're there!

I agree with most others, y'all are a bunch of whiners

How come theres more people whining about the whiners than there is whiners

hal53
08-06-2011, 09:43 PM
UH...because ...maybe everyone is tired of it?????.... some people here would B***ch if they're hung with a new rope.......

Alberta Bigbore
08-06-2011, 09:43 PM

ya .... someone needs to call ....WHINE-1-1 ... for a WAAmbulance

bb356
08-06-2011, 09:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOKgRwHfITg

u_cant_rope_the_wind
08-06-2011, 10:14 PM
whats to whine and complain about???
i suppose the negative people are to young to remember when we didn't even have a wss or a proper gun shop
we were stuck with the local sporting goods shop that jacked their prices 95% higher just because they could because the was no other place to shop, now look at all the huge hunting fishing sport shops whats to complain about , i think we are very fortunate to have these stores

horsetrader
08-06-2011, 10:28 PM
whats to whine and complain about???
i suppose the negative people are to young to remember when we didn't even have a wss or a proper gun shop
we were stuck with the local sporting goods shop that jacked their prices 95% higher just because they could because the was no other place to shop, now look at all the huge hunting fishing sport shops whats to complain about , i think we are very fortunate to have these stores

I have always shopped in smaller stores when i came here started shopping at the fishing hole and still do and bet i still get things cheaper then any of the big stores and get better service.Nothing against the big stores but don't need them

bobalong
08-06-2011, 11:22 PM
I have always shopped in smaller stores when i came here started shopping at the fishing hole and still do and bet i still get things cheaper then any of the big stores and get better service.Nothing against the big stores but don't need them

I like shopping in all of the stores, big or small. When it comes to outdoor stores I dont think NEED really comes into it, but a lot of us want more selection. They probably all wouldn't survive but it wouldn't bother me at all if there were more outdoor stores. Every new outdoor store always seem to carry some product a bit different than the other guy.

Coltye
08-07-2011, 07:38 AM
You don't have to shop around when you start with the best.......:)

:argue2:

Jayball
08-09-2011, 01:50 PM
I went with my 7 year old son last friday night. It was packed and i saw some good deals. I picked up a shwhack of pike flys that I know aren't available at TFH or WSS. My son was pretty impressed with all the stuffed critters to. Those polar bears were cool.

From a business perspective, I think in time once the honeymoon wears off there should be some good price wars between WSS and Cabela's. Watch for this to kick in during fall and xmas. Competition can be good for customers.

I will say this... from my own experience... what TFH may lack in the the big box store selection... they have proven to me they lead in experience, advice and local knowledge. I have had some great advice and talks with guys there.

Another good place I visit once a month is the Fishing Center on 82st. Great little place on the north end. I recently picked a nice Fenwick Pike Fly Rod that i had been looking for, a fist-full of trout flies, and then spent an hour talking to the owner and his son. Good down to earth folks.

Just my two cents... but right now in e-town... I think the needs of outdoorsmen are pretty well taken care of.

Jay