PDA

View Full Version : The House Wives of Edmonton

Stewie
08-05-2011, 09:03 AM
I can remember when I was a kid and begged my dad to drive us into town 45 minutes so we could go to WSS when we ONLY had the ONE store… as a kid I used to run into country gas stations because I knew they had some fish hooks I could look at and hope my dad would buy me one…

Now Edmonton has so many options with Cabela’s, Two Wholesale Sports, Fishin Holes, P&D just to mention a few… and all we have on here is a bunch of Outdoorsman sounding like The Housewives Of Orange County complaining and whining about their shopping experiences…???

Think about the other people on here who still have to drive an hour or more just to get to one outdoor store… and all they hear on here is guys in the Edmonton area whining and crying cause they spent $15 in gas, or Cabela’s was $3 higher than WSS…

Give your head a shake and just be thankful we have so many options in Edmonton…

horsetrader
08-05-2011, 09:11 AM
I can remember when I was a kid and begged my dad to drive us into town 45 minutes so we could go to WSS when we ONLY had the ONE store… as a kid I used to run into country gas stations because I knew they had some fish hooks I could look at and hope my dad would buy me one…

Now Edmonton has so many options with Cabela’s, Two Wholesale Sports, Fishin Holes, P&D just to mention a few… and all we have on here is a bunch of Outdoorsman sounding like The Housewives Of Orange County complaining and whining about their shopping experiences…???

Think about the other people on here who still have to drive an hour or more just to get to one outdoor store… and all they hear on here is guys in the Edmonton area whining and crying cause they spent $15 in gas, or Cabela’s was $3 higher than WSS…

Give your head a shake and just be thankful we have so many options in Edmonton…

So because we have more stores we should put up with higher prices and poor service ............yep makes sense to me ........well thought out

chubbdarter
08-05-2011, 09:13 AM
So disappointed:angry3:...i figured it was about Hot houswives.

But no, another Cabelas thread......this one beotching about the people beotching:scared0018:

Bound2Fish
08-05-2011, 09:19 AM

But no, another Cabelas thread......this one beotching about the people beotching:scared0018:

x2. Getting sick of all the cabelas threads.

kayaker
08-05-2011, 09:41 AM
I am just amazed how anyone would put up with traffic jams and standing in line for nothing more than a retail experience?

I coud understand if you were going to save hundreds, otherwise I am astounded. Its just a store, with things you can buy, nothing more. I look forward to seeing it, but if thats in a month, so be it. I would rather take a walk in the river valley or fish the NSR than fight crowds to see a shelf of products.

huntinstuff
08-05-2011, 09:50 AM
I am just amazed how anyone would put up with traffic jams and standing in line for nothing more than a retail experience?

I coud understand if you were going to save hundreds, otherwise I am astounded. Its just a store, with things you can buy, nothing more. I look forward to seeing it, but if thats in a month, so be it. I would rather take a walk in the river valley or fish the NSR than fight crowds to see a shelf of products.

Exactly. Yes it is nice to have another place to shop but really, its just another place to shop

Gun guys always want something for nothing. But that just aint gonna happen

Redfrog
08-05-2011, 10:05 AM
Right on! all you guys have nailed it. Well except for horsetrader. You have to put up with eyegouging and migraine producing poor service cause you live in the city.:) Just one of the perks.
I never have to put up with those things:)

Have any of you guys been to Bodo?:thinking-006:

My pappy had a saying. " I used to whine cause I had no shoes... then I saw a guy who had a corvette and a babe beside him and he lived in Paradise and I realized how crappy my life really was.:thinking-006:

Fisherpeak
08-05-2011, 10:56 AM
Exactly. Yes it is nice to have another place to shop but really, its just another place to shop

Gun guys always want something for nothing. But that just aint gonna happen

Gun guys CAN get something for nothing,but you have to wear a mask and drive really fast after.

horsetrader
08-05-2011, 11:00 AM
Right on! all you guys have nailed it. Well except for horsetrader. You have to put up with eyegouging and migraine producing poor service cause you live in the city.:) Just one of the perks.
I never have to put up with those things:)

Have any of you guys been to Bodo?:thinking-006:

My pappy had a saying. " I used to whine cause I had no shoes... then I saw a guy who had a corvette and a babe beside him and he lived in Paradise and I realized how crappy my life really was.:thinking-006:

lol will try not to run over your bare feet with my vet. :)

Redfrog
08-05-2011, 11:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_-ABV05pvw

Willowtrail
08-05-2011, 06:18 PM
I just returned home from Cabela's for the second straight day. I enjoyed the store. Alot less busy than yesterday. I picked up some more $5 Rapalas and talked to a few of the reps. I also hit up the bargain bin and got a SWEET DEAL on some 2 way radios. If you want to come on here and complain then stay home. Don't go to the store, go get your deals at Wally World.

wolfriver
08-05-2011, 09:35 PM
Went to Cabelas today. Got up at 4am to go to Shipwreck to pick up a boat tarp 3hr drive didn't seem to bad after waiting 4 months. Thought I might as well go to the new store. Didn't really need anything but still managed to drop 550$ on ammo and other stuff. Agree with Stewie the city guys will bitch about anything, drive for 3 or 4 hours and if everything you want is there your happy even to spend a little extra. Some people will cry about anything.

horsetrader
08-05-2011, 09:48 PM
Went to Cabelas today. Got up at 4am to go to Shipwreck to pick up a boat tarp 3hr drive didn't seem to bad after waiting 4 months. Thought I might as well go to the new store. Didn't really need anything but still managed to drop 550$ on ammo and other stuff. Agree with Stewie the city guys will bitch about anything, drive for 3 or 4 hours and if everything you want is there your happy even to spend a little extra. Some people will cry about anything.

Keep crying then maybe someone will listen

pointer
08-05-2011, 11:02 PM

i though THE FISHING HOLE was the only place any one could buy fishing supplies in the city :sHa_sarcasticlol:

wolfriver
08-05-2011, 11:07 PM

Only one crying is you.

horsetrader
08-05-2011, 11:07 PM
i though THE FISHING HOLE was the only place any one could buy fishing supplies in the city :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Its where the smart money goes............:)

NSRfishing
08-06-2011, 04:06 AM
was at cabelas today couple bins of crankbaits all sorts of rapala 4.99

horsetrader
08-06-2011, 08:33 AM

Sounds like whining to me i have no problem with Cabelas at all just don't need to shop there.And why would i pay more there when i can get it at THE FISHING HOLE CHEAPER. But you go ahead and drive 3-4 hours and spend more if you like.

roger
08-06-2011, 09:05 AM
house wives of edmonton...thats funny:sHa_sarcasticlol:
a lite that burns twice as bright burns half as long, soon the shine will be gone from cabelas and it will no different than any other old store.

shop at your local mom and pop stores...thats what keeps there lites on too.
its just that simple.

stuartmcgrandle
08-06-2011, 12:14 PM
so Stewie we should definitely thank Jesus ? for all the shopping choices in Edmonton, amen

deepfried
08-06-2011, 02:15 PM

I figured as much as well , just spent 20min combin the thread for pics :fighting0030:

ice
08-06-2011, 05:28 PM
I think its ironic, tha people will go into one store, see that the prices a dollar or 2 higher, get all miffed, then up and spend anther 10$ on fuel to go across the city, just to get this deal, when in the end it would have been cheaper, to just buy it first, if you dont like high prices, just shop at one store, then you wont know if another place has higher prices or nOt and we wont have to hear you bich about this ****ty deal you got