PDA

View Full Version : Lac La Nonne or Jackfish?

Pikes"R"us
08-05-2011, 03:56 PM
I wonder if someone could help me out. I've been asking around to try and find a decent lake closer to edmonton that I could catch some nice perch/burbot on. Does any one know which lake would be better for these fish? I tried la nonne this past weekend but only caught a few nice walleye and a couple pike. I hear Jackfish lake does well but does it have somewhere I could throw in my aluminum? :fishing:

1bluZebec
08-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Jackfish is expensive to park but excellent and has a great little boat launch and dock. As for burbot not sure never caught one but they're supposedly in there. Caught lots of nice walleye and pike though and seen lots of perch.

FishingFrenzy
08-05-2011, 07:18 PM
Jackfish is expensive to park but excellent and has a great little boat launch and dock. As for burbot not sure never caught one but they're supposedly in there. Caught lots of nice walleye and pike though and seen lots of perch.

My buddy caught a burbot last summer on a black jig with a piece of licorice (yes that right, when bored, tip lures with candy) Most definately a fluke but there ARE burbot in there. 20 bucks for parking is ridiculous tho.

Pikes"R"us
08-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Thanks guys, This is the jack fish lake just east of wabamun right? what side of the lake is the boat launch on? And does anyone know of any good perch holes?

Dust1n
08-05-2011, 07:57 PM
best way to get the burbot in there if there is any is in march/feb. icefishing with a jig.
i havent fished it...sorry

mudbug
08-05-2011, 09:12 PM
Thanks guys, This is the jack fish lake just east of wabamun right? what side of the lake is the boat launch on? And does anyone know of any good perch holes?

The launch is on the East side of the lake. There's an island with some cabins on it right out in front of the launch, go to the right of it under the power line and if you have a depth finder there's a few places there that have some deeper water that you may have some luck for perch :)

There's also a spot in front of the island that has a decent perch spot but you have to look around a bit for it :)

Pikes"R"us
08-06-2011, 10:00 AM
The launch is on the East side of the lake. There's an island with some cabins on it right out in front of the launch, go to the right of it under the power line and if you have a depth finder there's a few places there that have some deeper water that you may have some luck for perch :)

There's also a spot in front of the island that has a decent perch spot but you have to look around a bit for it :)

Thanks Mudbug! That sounds great! Any tips on what to use to catch them? I've been trying with worms and small minows but not much luck.. I think i'll be heading out there next weekend!

prodogg02
08-06-2011, 10:23 AM
i get lots of 8 to 10 inch perch on other side of island in the bay in about 3 feet of water u can see them when its calm also try the north east corner of the lake just use a small jig last week i got 12 in an hour

Pikes"R"us
08-08-2011, 04:39 PM
i get lots of 8 to 10 inch perch on other side of island in the bay in about 3 feet of water u can see them when its calm also try the north east corner of the lake just use a small jig last week i got 12 in an hour

Awesome! Thanks a lot for the help. Just picked up a small fish finder from cabelas. I'm hoping to cook up some perch that night!

mudbug
08-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Thanks Mudbug! That sounds great! Any tips on what to use to catch them? I've been trying with worms and small minows but not much luck.. I think i'll be heading out there next weekend!

Try some maggots if they're not taking the worms or minnows :thinking-006:

Pikes"R"us
08-22-2011, 07:50 PM
:sign0161:Well! Hit up Jackfish Lake today with my brothers. Tried all the spots you guys told me to.. Great boat launch, great lake. Didn't have a single bite. Saw lots of fish on the fish finder. Tried minows, worms, crank baits, jigs, lours... nothing...... I don't get it? Is it too late in the season. Or is there just an abundance of food in the eco system? :mad3:

HunterDave
08-22-2011, 08:16 PM
I don't know about burbs but if you just want to catch perch you should try going to Devil's Lake or Nakamun. :)