PDA

View Full Version : Slow day on the river, with an interesting encounter

WayneChristie
08-06-2011, 07:39 PM
we started the day off at the forks, at Jacens secret spot. ended up with a half dozen gold and mooneye between 2 of us. headed back to my favorite spot on the low Bow, still slow. the water level is still dropping, we got maybe another half dozen between us again. I did manage to tease out a 6 pound sucker from the school that hangs out there too. I was sitting under my umbrella in the shade, stood up to reel in after a bite, and heard a loud buzzing behind me. turned around to see the south end of a northbound rattler dissapearing into the long grass. Guess it was either coming for the shade or a drink of water, either way it sure sounded p'od when I stood up. Keeps things interesting, especially when you are in shorts and sandals :) back at it tomorrow

slivers86
08-06-2011, 07:42 PM
sounds like a good day! I'd love to come get a good day down there sometime! I'll wear my rubbers :sHa_sarcasticlol:

flygirrl
08-06-2011, 08:13 PM
He will make you tromp through the bushes ahead of him just to see if you squeal like a girl. Opps thats Jts1

slivers86
08-06-2011, 08:46 PM
He will make you tromp through the bushes ahead of him just to see if you squeal like a girl. Opps thats Jts1

LMAO... i'm not scared of much. rattlesnakes are neat little creatures. I survived australia bare foot through rainforest with much worse than a rattler

Alberta Bigbore
08-06-2011, 09:35 PM
id love to make such an encounter. Such interesting snakes

slivers86
08-06-2011, 09:48 PM
id love to make such an encounter. Such interesting snakes

Agreed, I've encountered quite a few snakes in my travels throughout tropical destinations of central america and australia, most just hiss... this one rattles :fighting0030:

the local angler
08-06-2011, 11:05 PM
if you have a kids rattle you can confuse the snake. lol i have only encountered the little grass snakes.no rattlers yet

C Taylor
08-06-2011, 11:10 PM
A guys got to be mighty protective of his fishing hole to take the time to train a gaurd snake!

WayneChristie
08-06-2011, 11:20 PM
A guys got to be mighty protective of his fishing hole to take the time to train a gaurd snake!

you got it, this is the same hole I got my best sturgeon from, you want to best that you got to beat my snake :sHa_sarcasticlol: next record mooneye is coming from it too, just ask the rattler. I mean how awesome is that, catch a dinosaur, break a fishing record, and get bit by a poisonous snake, all without getting out of your chair. now thats living!!!!!

wojg21
08-07-2011, 11:50 AM
It's good the snake went back into the grass. I almost stepped on one at Pavan Park on the top parking area. Went with the dog for a walk in the morning, luckily it was still cool outside, and all I hear is a rattle and I look down, my foot is in the air and I'm about to step on a curled up rattlesnake. I don't do ballet but I leaped like a professional ballet dancer. That was a good cardio workout... Don't go there anymore, rather not get bitten, or my dog for that matter.