PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Weather

FishlessFool
08-07-2011, 06:04 PM
I've been searching the net for information on how fish are affected by weather. I've found a lot of information so far, and would also like to ask here.

Mostly, I'd like to know what's the best and worst weather for fishing.

Also if anybody has any links to websites or articles on the topic, or could reccomend any books, I would appreciate them.

Being in Edmonton, I'm particularly interested in how NSR species relate to weather.

Thanks in advance

bigbuck19
08-07-2011, 06:11 PM
Typically a few hours before a storm, in the morning, at dusk, overcast days... Whatever weather the fish are most accustomed to spawning in I believe.

I notice more fish bite when there's a temperature change, so if it's about to rain, or if it's just finished raining.. or if it's raining.. etc. I seem to get more bites. I could be wrong on that.

Clouds came out over the NSR the other day and I noticed more fish jumping.

NSRfishing
08-07-2011, 06:12 PM
i think i remember reading that river walleye are less affected by cold fronts and weather patterns it could be wrong just a blog i was reading i am curious to know

Dust1n
08-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Typically a few hours before a storm, in the morning, at dusk, overcast days... Whatever weather the fish are most accustomed to spawning in I believe.

I notice more fish bite when there's a temperature change, so if it's about to rain, or if it's just finished raining.. or if it's raining.. etc. I seem to get more bites. I could be wrong on that.

Clouds came out over the NSR the other day and I noticed more fish jumping.

x2 to add the fish bite better when there isnt direct sunlight.

Gerry
08-07-2011, 10:10 PM
To quote Rancid Crabtree,
"The best fishin weather is when it's rainin and when it ain't":sHa_shakeshout: