PDA

View Full Version : cabelas fly rods

nwt flyfisher
08-08-2011, 09:11 PM
im going to edmonton and going to buy a cheaper rod im getting a sage to im wandering if any body knew a chaeper rod for pike. any pike fly packs or certain flies for pike.

Lefty-Canuck
08-08-2011, 09:44 PM
I would seriously consider the "Predator" pike rod from Redington....it is likely the next one I will buy, The Fishing Center carries it....I don't think Cabela's does.

LC

Alberta Bigbore
08-08-2011, 09:53 PM
doesnt Cabelas put their name on a bunch of rods?? maybe they have something in their own line of rods.

Doc
08-09-2011, 07:14 AM
I was doing a casting demo/lessons for the customers outside Cabela'a on Sunday and we were using Cabelas's rods. I didn't follow up on the warranty but I can tell you for the price, these rods casted pretty nice. I believe they had a 4 piece combo with line and reel on special for $63.00. Wasn't crazy about the reel but their line wasn't bad. Hell of an entry level deal anyway.

Cheers,
Doc

Alberta Bigbore
08-09-2011, 07:31 AM
Did they have any higher end Cabelas brand fly rods?

Jayball
08-09-2011, 05:20 PM
I have a TFO 9wt I picked up from WSS... and a Fenwick 8wt from The fishing Center on 82nd st.

Both were reasonably priced at about the 100 buck range. Though the TFO maybe have been more. be sure to find a large arbor reel. you will be glad you glad you.