PDA

View Full Version : Sturgeon with STS

Rigby
08-09-2011, 10:47 AM
A few buddies and I are heading to mission BC to fish for the renowned sturgeon. I was just wondering if anybody else has fished with STS outfitters and if you have, how did you like your trip and any pics would be greatly appreciated. We leave august 19 and fish 3 days. One of those days will be spent in hells canyon. I can't wait!!!

JFK
08-09-2011, 12:49 PM
3 of us went a few years back with STS best money we ever spent on a Guided trip IMHO. We were after Salmon, limited out. I caught a 25# Spring on my first cast.Only went for 6 hrs so had little time for Sturgeon. Top notch Boat,Gear and Guide (Vic) have fun it is a beatiful place.
Happy Fishing
JFK:)

Rigby
08-09-2011, 01:10 PM
That's awesome! The plan is to fish for salmon in the morn and sturgeon the rest of the day. I'm pretty pumped!

Kurt505
08-09-2011, 07:24 PM
I've gone six or seven times wth Vic. Awesome trip every time, I've went out with Vic and most of his guides. I was out with Tom for four days last year and landed two fish over 8'. The day after I left Tom's boat landed one almost 12'! You won't be disappointed. Say hi to Vic from Kurt for me will ya?

Rigby
08-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Will doo Kurt! Congrats on the 8's. Hopefully we pull in a couple like that. Were you guys fishing up in hells canyon or just on the main river portion?

davegrant
08-09-2011, 09:34 PM
I've went every year for 4 years targeting just sturgeon with STS. Tried
in May, August, September, and October always top notch guides and Vic
even bought our group of 9 the first round of drinks. TRIP OF A LIFETIME.
Have 2 boats booked again for late Sept. When your 6 footer clears the
water HANG ON FOR DEAR LIFE. ENJOY!!

Kurt505
08-09-2011, 10:14 PM
Will doo Kurt! Congrats on the 8's. Hopefully we pull in a couple like that. Were you guys fishing up in hells canyon or just on the main river portion?

I've just fished the main river, but Vics always buggin me to do the hells gate. Ask him to do a couple victory rolls, but make sure your holding on and your wearing something you don't mind getting wet. Where are you staying? I've stayed at Vics house a few times and it's a really nice bed and breakfast, but last year we stayed at above and beyond and that place was incredible! The cook is something sweet too. Almost stayed at the house instead of going fishing :-)

Rigby
08-15-2011, 10:37 AM
We will actually be staying at the best western. Everything else was all booked up. We leave this fri. I'll post some pics when we get back.

If you don't mind me asking, what are victory rolls? Lol

Kurt505
08-15-2011, 11:37 AM
We will actually be staying at the best western. Everything else was all booked up. We leave this fri. I'll post some pics when we get back.

If you don't mind me asking, what are victory rolls? Lol

It's best if you just hang on and enjoy the ride ;-)

Rigby
08-17-2011, 03:12 PM
Lol well I look forward to it.

ramcrazy
08-17-2011, 11:54 PM
graet people to go with...i guided for them and freds a few years back... your hitting it at PRIME TIME was out there last week Lots of Socks and TONs of surges the biggest we caught last week was 7'10" Have fun post us a pic or two