PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fish Waterton lakes?

Kurt505
08-09-2011, 07:41 PM
I'm at Waterton park and I've got a little boat with an electric motor. I was wondering if anyone could "tell me where to go" and what I should use when I get there. Thanks in advance.

bigfis
08-09-2011, 09:39 PM
I have never fished it Becouse I don't have my nation parks licens . The lake is extreme windy and not sure if I would take a small boat .

chubbdarter
08-09-2011, 09:46 PM
ive fished it many times.....first its BIG and DANGEROUS at times.....worst part you dont know when that time is.

This time of year for consistant action for big lakers a dow****** is important. our best lures are the big flatfish in yellow with red dots or large mini kelpcutters painted yellow with a orange stripe.
Fishing creek mouths can be good fishing too from shore.
We generally fish close to the Glacier border.

Just be safe....and remember your not far from some safer waters

Kurt505
08-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the tips guys, I don't plan on fishing more than 300-400 yards from where I put my boat in the water.

doublehaul
08-10-2011, 06:53 AM
I went to Cameron Lake for brook trout and got some action on a green spoon with yellow dots.

incept
08-10-2011, 11:05 PM
I fish it regularily. Tough lake to put numbers on the board but holds some great fish. Just caught a 6lb 10 ounce 30 inch and a 25 lb 38 1/2 inch last Tuesday, Fish deep and slow, like Chub said, flatfish, T60 and M2SP in white and white red, and Lyman Lures both 6 and 9 inch. Down deep, right on the bottom for the big ones. Good luck and as stated, just the wind, that lake can get snotty quick. The narrows, and Cameron bay are good close spots to try. Good luck and have fun!