PDA

View Full Version : Shimano rod warranty

Pike'n'walleye
08-10-2011, 01:55 AM
Hi everyone. I was just wondering if any of you have ever sent shimano rods to warranty. How good are they? Are they easy with the warranty? How long does it take? Is there anything I should know before I send in my rod?

Any information would be helpful! thank you!

freeones
08-10-2011, 08:10 AM
Hi everyone. I was just wondering if any of you have ever sent shimano rods to warranty. How good are they? Are they easy with the warranty? How long does it take? Is there anything I should know before I send in my rod?

Any information would be helpful! thank you!

Shimano warranty is over the counter, just take it back to where you bought it. They'll take the broken rod back and give you a new one, though you may have to wait a few days depending on the break and your relationship with the place you bought the rod from.

Unless it's obvious that you broke it in a car door or something, my experience is that Shimano has been really good about covering their rods.

Coldone
08-10-2011, 10:14 AM
My rod snapped.. First cast.. Shiney new Shimano rod.. I bought it at wholesale sports.. I called the north side and he went to have a look to see if he had a replacement.. And didn't so he directed me to the south side store.. Jeff was the guy I delt with on the north side.. Good guy and very helpful... South side guy.. No interest and told me to contact Shimano... Amazing how customer service varies from place to place.. I'll be sending off my rod today.. Wth any luck there wont be any issues.

TJG
08-13-2011, 04:41 PM
My rod snapped.. First cast.. Shiney new Shimano rod.. I bought it at wholesale sports.. I called the north side and he went to have a look to see if he had a replacement.. And didn't so he directed me to the south side store.. Jeff was the guy I delt with on the north side.. Good guy and very helpful... South side guy.. No interest and told me to contact Shimano... Amazing how customer service varies from place to place.. I'll be sending off my rod today.. Wth any luck there wont be any issues.

UFA, (who owns Wholesale Sports) has a one year, refund,replace,repair, warranty policy. Raise some dust, and some threats, you will get a new one.