PDA

View Full Version : Kokanee from Shore

KI-UTE
08-10-2011, 08:53 AM
Might get to go kokanee fishing on the weekend. No boat tho.

If fishing with no boat, what do I do?

I must eat large quantities of Kokanee fried in butter

ishootbambi
08-10-2011, 08:57 AM
chuck anything shiny. they arent tough to catch at all.

i dont eat fish, but im told that getting into this time of year they get kinda mushy? meh....youlll find out. have fun.

marlin1
08-10-2011, 10:09 AM
was in the Okanagon a couple weeks ago and a guy was getting them from shore with a mepps , black with yellow and fur on the hook

Dust1n
08-10-2011, 10:40 AM
they come into the shorlines by the hundreds at dusk and early dawn

Corn puppies
08-10-2011, 03:02 PM
has anyone fished kokanee on wood lake in the Okonagan? I live on the south end of the lake and I also dont have a boat :angry3: all i ever catch is squawfish some tips would be helpful thanks. :scared0018:

slivers86
08-10-2011, 03:05 PM
I saw the thread and got thirsty... Anything shiny as stated should work. They aren't the smartest. Dad used to pull them out every year for a fish feast at home.

KI-UTE
08-10-2011, 06:33 PM
Does a guy need to use tiny stuff like Dick nite spoons? Bait help?

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
08-11-2011, 12:29 AM
I saw the thread and got thirsty... Anything shiny as stated should work. They aren't the smartest. Dad used to pull them out every year for a fish feast at home.

X 2 at first thought I thought we were gonna talk about beer . :lol: Doh

Lefty-Canuck
08-11-2011, 12:33 AM
has anyone fished kokanee on wood lake in the Okonagan? I live on the south end of the lake and I also dont have a boat :angry3: all i ever catch is squawfish some tips would be helpful thanks. :scared0018:

My Aunt and Uncle have a home on Wood Lake, my cousins were catching tonnes of kokanee off the dock in the spring on small spoons.....they must be in the shallows in the spring? this was not far from the Marina....

LC

Corn puppies
08-11-2011, 09:32 AM
My Aunt and Uncle have a home on Wood Lake, my cousins were catching tonnes of kokanee off the dock in the spring on small spoons.....they must be in the shallows in the spring? this was not far from the Marina....

LC

Ya, I have read somewhere that they come into the shallows for spring spawning, E.T.C. I think I might head out this morning for some trolling off a canoe we just bought :sHa_shakeshout:

chubbdarter
08-11-2011, 09:39 AM
Ya, I have read somewhere that they come into the shallows for spring spawning, E.T.C. I think I might head out this morning for some trolling off a canoe we just bought :sHa_shakeshout:

Spring Spawning Kokes avoid the bears