PDA

View Full Version : bc fishing near ft leeard and ft nelson

alodar
08-10-2011, 12:19 PM
What kind of fishin can i get into up here ? Gunna be here fout a while so i guess i might as well get er done

Halcyon
08-10-2011, 02:21 PM
The biggest pike I've ever caught until last summer was pulled out of Maxhamish Lake but that was ice fishing. Had some good fishing on the Muskwa river, generally around other streams flowing in, pike and walleye. It's been a while since I've been up there but I think some of the small lakes and ponds along the Alaska highway were stocked too. Muncho has some big trout too.

MountainTi
08-10-2011, 04:56 PM
If 8 lb. walleye every cast from shore is what you are looking for, Trout Lake is where you wanna be. It is winter road access only but a short charter flight out of Liard. Did it once for an afternoon and it was incredible. There are also lake trout and pike

alodar
08-10-2011, 07:17 PM
Thx for the tips fellas unfortunately im up here for work and flying in anywhere is out of the question it seems ill be much closer tp ft liard than i was told

alodar
08-11-2011, 12:01 AM
So i had success in nelson caught about 7 pike all under 12 inches out of the andy baley lake . Since work tells me im gettng paid for SFA wrk wise im looking north of nelson at the rivers im told theres good greyling and varden fishing . Can yall believe i forgot my pliers again?..... bit the bullet this time and bought a multi tool its pretty sweet tho well for 30 bucks it beats the pants off my old multi tool. I cant remember the name of the rivers il be fishing tomorrow but ill be taking pics i hope i do well..... never fished varden or greyling before. Also on a side note im super super gpad i grabbed a whistle before ueading to the lake ....... 3 black bears....... all young probably 3 years old i estimate them at 200-300 lb...... the big margin is cuz im not a bear expert those buggers run fast to the sound of a whistle...... well today at least...... i tried so many times to get pics but they scrambled into the thick bush leaving all the berries for me :)

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
08-11-2011, 12:22 AM
Some Great Greyling fishing up in that neck of the woods there Coady . Make damn sure your careful of bears theres lots of em up there . Fishing is defenetly way better then here , and so many options from trout to pike to dolly's to greyling to some huge rainbows . You got your fly rod with you ? Ill see if I cant scoop up some spots I have . Also go join similar website like this BC dont recall the name but lots of fishing guys on there . Retarted what they charge us albertians for a license hey .

alodar
08-11-2011, 12:53 AM
Yea it is john if u can pull some spots thatd be cool i got fly rod and a spin $60 well a tad more but well worth it

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
08-11-2011, 01:08 AM
Right on are you up there for sometime ? Im headed to Twin lakes to do some rainbow fishing . Getting bored of that spot and lots of people . But I am talking the trailer and headed to middle of no where , the gun will get sighted in and fish to be caught . There for I dont have time to look tonight infact I should be in bed . Ill be home Monday .

alodar
08-11-2011, 01:44 AM
Im here for weeks and weeks but who knows hell workschanged their plans for me 7 times in 3 days

alodar
08-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Well caught more pike went to a creek and i got down poured on so i didnt even fosh it maybe tomorrow