PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon lake

Smasher
08-11-2011, 11:47 AM
Read on another post that fishing was great at pigeon right now.Anybody out there that can confirm this?Love this lake, but haven't had a "great" fishing day there so far this year.Been a month since i was last there,so maybe it's picked up?:happy0180:

Rockymtnx
08-11-2011, 12:53 PM
I wouldnt call it great fishing for Pigeon.
This week was slow again. 3-7 fish in a evening isnt what most are use too.
I haven’t had a great or spectacular day on the lake since early June.

rammer
08-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Last time out a week ago caught around 50 in an evening. Not the 100 we used to get every night but still pretty good.

RiverRat
08-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Hows the blu green alge on pigeon? is it all cleared up?

Jayball
08-15-2011, 12:53 PM
Spent the last few days out there... the algae was bad on friday but by yesterday it was a bit better around silver beach and mulhurst. Interesting note... on Friday afternoon I took the boat down the lake toward ma-me-o and then trolled deep for pike or worked the shoreline back up along birch bay and the church camp on the east side. I saw very little of the algae problem in those areas. Probably has to do with the wind. Lots of big whites floating.. not as bad as last year though.

burbotman14
08-15-2011, 06:31 PM
Caught 121 in about 8 hours last weekend. It is a little more challenging than previous years but there are still tons of fish. One thing I noticed is that the walleye seem to have a lighter color to them.

Captain John
08-15-2011, 07:58 PM
When i went out there about a month ago had a very slow day and only caught one. However i have very little experience with walleye. These guys must have some tricks up there sleves haha

Rudy198
08-15-2011, 08:12 PM
was out there on Sat. for about 7hrs caught 3 myself and lost about 4-5 buddy got nothing...We were at the Provincial Park side just to the left side of the boat launch.I didn't see alot of ppl catching either,it looked and was very slow.Still was a great day to be on the water.