PDA

View Full Version : Fly fishing partner?

npauls
08-11-2011, 09:59 PM
I have just decided to hit up a river south of Lethbridge for some fly fishing action tomorrow morning. I will probably try to get out just before sun up and fish until noon unless the fishing is really crappy or really good.

If anyone is interested in joining me send me a pm sometime tonight and we will see what we can do.

Nate

flyguyd
08-11-2011, 10:24 PM
If its the one i think it is , it was about 3 ft higher than normal on Sunday you might want to save the gas.

npauls
08-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I will have to check the flow rate on the net and see what its like. I have yet to hit that river this season and I usually fish it a few times a week every year. I need to get out there and chuck some flies at those fish but these flow rates are killing it for me.

npauls
08-12-2011, 01:00 AM
I just checked up on the flow rates and looks like they are down again to normal or even lower then normal rates.

If anyone knows the river I am heading to and wants to join me I am hoping to be leaving the house between 5:30 am and 6am. I will be parked at the S turns and head upstream from the bottom of the hill that has to be hiked down.

Fly_Fish
08-12-2011, 03:09 PM
any luck out there today?

npauls
08-12-2011, 03:34 PM
Nope never even had a sniff on the fly. I didn't fish for long because the water was kind of murky and seemed a bit higher then normal still.

I was home by 8 am and have been hanging out with the wife and kid today before they leave for my wife's birthday weekend adventure.

I may end up out there again later this weekend if the weather is nice. I am pretty sure that down pour yesterday dirtied the water and turned the fish off but I didn't give it a ton of time to really find out. Next trip out will probably be a half day trip on sunday morning.