PDA

View Full Version : Christina Lake Conklin Access

huffy
08-12-2011, 10:29 AM
I am heading to the Conklin area for some work and was wondering if there is any shore access to Christina lake, or a way to put an inflateable in, other than donating to the poor folks at PTI, thanks. Other fishing spots around there would be great info as well.

-JR-
08-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Sure is ,just go to the camp ground and launch at the boat dock.
There is also a spot on the other side of the lake even with the hotel I guess ,kinda like a man made day area. but that might be weeded all up.
Come Aug.,the lake normaly gets realy clean,you can watch fish follow your hook. I found good fish at the end where thge bridge and creek is .
Good luck. Which camp are you staying in ?

haywarje
08-12-2011, 07:57 PM
Huffy, i've seen you fish. Better bring some pizza pops!:sHa_sarcasticlol:

haywarje
08-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Kidding of course. Let me know how you make out! You should sneak over to the May River and see if there are still Grayling in there!

huffy
08-13-2011, 09:13 AM
Sure is ,just go to the camp ground and launch at the boat dock.
There is also a spot on the other side of the lake even with the hotel I guess ,kinda like a man made day area. but that might be weeded all up.
Come Aug.,the lake normaly gets realy clean,you can watch fish follow your hook. I found good fish at the end where thge bridge and creek is .
Good luck. Which camp are you staying in ?

I'll either be in one of the MEG camps or possibly staying at the lodge, waiting to see availability in the lodge.

huffy
08-13-2011, 09:15 AM
Kidding of course. Let me know how you make out! You should sneak over to the May River and see if there are still Grayling in there!

you should try coming over when I come up, Sunday 21st.

Flight01
08-24-2011, 02:24 PM
I was wondering if you guys had been to the May River lately to see if there are still Grayling in there? Do you know anywhere else around Conklin (christina/jackfish rivers) to do some flyfishing? I'm new to fly fishing in Alberta and want to try some different spots.

Thanks

huffy
08-24-2011, 05:09 PM
I've been told to try where the May and Christina Rivers meet, about 20km west of Conklin, but haven't tried it myself. Maybe tomorrow.

Flight01
08-24-2011, 05:45 PM
I've hunted around there but never fished it. I've fished the christina near Chard and caught goldeye, jack and walleye but no grayling.If you don't mind let me know how you do or how u accessed it. Thanks