PDA

View Full Version : quick thanks to northside fishin hole

mooseknuckle
08-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Just thought I'd share the positive experience I had with the fishin hole (north loacation) I had yesterday.

I met geezle there first thing in the morning as I was looking for a particular rod that I was not able to get at cabelas or WSS. Well like alot of fishing crazed maniacs my shopping spree ended with 2 Rods, a new reel, and a bag full or hardware and misc. gear totalling around $400.

So we headed down to the river for the day, I set up my new sturgeon rod and reel and chucked out some bait, after some time I thought I would chuck some hardware on the new rod in which I went there specifically for. (Abu Garcia split grip 6' 6' medium heavy) which pairs great with the Pflueger reel i had purchased earlier in the week. So fishing was decent and the third cast I was on to a 2lb walleye!! I had bent over the bank to grab it holding tention on the rod with my other hand and SNAP!! There goes the top 8" of the rod! The rod retails for $89.99 FYI. So I was a little upset as I was nothing but carefull with it, I purchased the rods elastic things put it right in the back seat of my truck a small walk to the river bank so there was really no way I could have damaged it previous to use?

Long story short I stopped in the fishin hole on my way home and explained the situation and although maybe reluctant? Or a weird sense of humor? They replaced the rod hassle free.

Just wanted to thank them for giving me the benefit of the doubt as I was completely honest with the situation. And it was very nice of them to be understanding and coopertive.

With service like this I will continue to come to you guys for all my fishing needs in the future.

Moose.

NSRfishing
08-12-2011, 12:03 PM
i have read that is a problem with some of the abu rods the tip snapping with normal use

northside fishing hole my favorite but i live few blocks away

bowriverbrown
08-12-2011, 12:20 PM
i have read that is a problem with some of the abu rods the tip snapping with normal use

northside fishing hole my favorite but i live few blocks away

Both north and south locations are great.

I deal with them in Calgary, and they always have what I need, and they're very competitively priced with Wholesale and Basspro.

Alberta Bigbore
08-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Always enjoy shopping at The Fishin' Hole.

chubbdarter
08-12-2011, 01:32 PM
Simply the BEST, everyone is treated like a somebody

http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt154/azzrocket2/logo_november3_2008-1.jpg

Bill in Cowtown does a top shelf job also

MitchR
08-12-2011, 02:55 PM
I like the fishing hole as well. In Saskatoon i was looking for a new rod at Wholesale sports and i couldnt find anything decent for my price range. went to the fishing Hole and they had a decent 9ft shimano rod there for $25. and they threw in free line! I didnt have to buy a reel.

kidd
08-12-2011, 04:08 PM
Glad it worked out for you. Grandpa purchased a Diawa rod from some fundraiser for my son. first fish was a tiny pike and SNAP, while fighting it.
So, took it back and exchanged it for a new one. Not a word of a lie he set the hook on a wally and the top 8" snaps off! I have never seen that before. So, I took the rod in my hands and, to see wtf, easily snapped off another small peice.
I guess they were at the fundraiser for a reason!
Anyway, I used to really bend a fishing rod hard at the store before deciding what to buy not i will never to that again!
ps we still landed both fish lol.
kidd.

YeeHaw
08-12-2011, 04:09 PM
I have always had great service at all of the Edmonton locations. I personally try to support the smaller man, when I can.

bobalong
08-12-2011, 05:07 PM
Simply the BEST, everyone is treated like a somebody

http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt154/azzrocket2/logo_november3_2008-1.jpg

Bill in Cowtown does a top shelf job also

What about the hogslayer LOL
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v45/bobalong/Fishing%20pics/kellyfishead.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v45/bobalong/Fishing%20pics/KELLY3.jpg

horsetrader
08-12-2011, 06:50 PM
The only place to spend your fishing money. Always looking after they customers.

npauls
08-12-2011, 07:19 PM
What about the hogslayer LOL
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v45/bobalong/Fishing%20pics/kellyfishead.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v45/bobalong/Fishing%20pics/KELLY3.jpg

hahahahahahaha thats some great photoshop work. Kelly is gonna love those pics. Someone should print them off and hang them on the picture board at fishin hole calgary for him.

chubbdarter
08-12-2011, 09:41 PM
funnier yet will be his reaction now that youve both blown his cover......:argue2::fighting0030::argue2:

BGSH
08-12-2011, 09:46 PM
yea shout out to north side fishn hole, kerry walters and brian wiebe, great team of managment right there, seeya next week

cranky
08-12-2011, 10:23 PM
All three locations are great but just personally,i like the south store the best. Theres a guy in there(im bad for names)who has taught me lots just chatting with him. Always has the time even when busy it seems.

Geezle
08-13-2011, 01:39 AM
Glad that Brian sorted that out for ya Terry! :)

It's no secret that I'm a fan of TFH here in Edmonton. I hit both the North and South locations quite frequently - mostly a matter of which is most convenient for me at the time. The guys at the stores are really what keeps me coming back...sometimes it's fun just to go in there and BS with the guys for a while while I'm handing over the dough! :lol: I've had a couple warranty issues as well that were dealt with very well, so I have nothing but good to say about the two stores I hit regularly. :cool:

I have no opinion on the West Ed store since I do everything I can to avoid going to that mall! :scared0018: :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Kim473
08-13-2011, 07:16 AM
There the best. We need a poll.

bowriverbrown
08-15-2011, 04:38 PM
All three locations are great but just personally,i like the south store the best. Theres a guy in there(im bad for names)who has taught me lots just chatting with him. Always has the time even when busy it seems.

I think you're refering to Kevin, he's the manager at the Edmonton South location, he's helped me out many times. Great guy to know if you need advice.

johnk
08-15-2011, 05:50 PM
Brian Wiebe is the only member of TFH I know and he has helped me out on numerous occasions. Being a commercial tyer my demands are frequent and Brian has always been helpful.

Jimboy
08-15-2011, 08:11 PM
Just dont believe everything Kelly tells ya:thinking-006: