PDA

View Full Version : North Fork Road

diamonddave
08-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Anybody know if the North fork road west of Rocky is still closed to get up to the North Ram? If so can we access the north fork Via the sunpine main line to get up to the ram?

Dust1n
08-13-2011, 03:16 PM
Anybody know if the North fork road west of Rocky is still closed to get up to the North Ram? If so can we access the north fork Via the sunpine main line to get up to the ram?

the north ram river road is open but its half cut out and a narrow road. not too sure where north fork is

Rancher_49
08-13-2011, 03:25 PM
No probem. My friends run a trail riding business at the North Ram. They don't have any trouble.

GS

diamonddave
08-13-2011, 03:29 PM
Thanks my friend.

BGSH
08-13-2011, 06:35 PM
how is the road up there, was wondering if a lowrider trunk can get down there, was wanting to fly fish there so bad right abouttttttttttttttt NOW

Xiph0id
08-14-2011, 07:47 PM
Road is good now they've fixed all the issues.
Camp at km 60 last night.

fishman
08-14-2011, 09:15 PM
Road is good now they've fixed all the issues.
Camp at km 60 last night.

I was camping there to......what were u driving....i had the blue truck with the car hauler behind

Xiph0id
08-15-2011, 12:04 AM
Black Ranger
Oh right duh!
Gary it's me Martin!

fishman
08-15-2011, 11:02 AM
Black Ranger
Oh right duh!
Gary it's me Martin!
Hey Martin thought it was you.....watch what you post on here as it can come back to haunt you...........lots of good people on here but like every where there some that aren't..............prime example the north ram is getting over ran with people why as the information is to easy to find and the fish are getting smarter as they have been hooked and released so many times.....so if u don't want to be around lots of people don't go to the north ram

headchef
08-15-2011, 11:39 AM
what was the camping like at kilo60,i,m from southern alberta and am use to camp anywhere along rivers or creeks and have been looking for that kinda senerio again

fishman
08-15-2011, 11:45 AM
what was the camping like at kilo60,i,m from southern alberta and am use to camp anywhere along rivers or creeks and have been looking for that kinda senerio again

way to many people so guess what you will run into people all the time when u r fishing......the best thing is to find a spot away from people and the fishing will be better

headchef
08-15-2011, 12:33 PM
i had lived in calgary most of my life and found myself fly fishing from sundre to lundbreck falls(i've been everywhere man) and now i live out at pigeon lake and love it but i would love to find a place where i can wake up and walk out of my motorhome and start fly fishing.There's nothing beter than camping out along a creek or river bank and enjoying a morning coffee and watching the viewof a rise or two.NOW THATS HEAVEN

Xiph0id
08-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Everybody's best bet is to drive around and find a spot to camp.
I fish and find camping spots by driving around.
And you meet some cool people in the trail.
I met another fellow and fished with him on the Clearwater last week until we ran into a grizz! I also checked out Abraham lake after visiting the north ram.
What a beautiful lake!