PDA

View Full Version : A Happy Story

chubbdarter
08-13-2011, 08:59 PM
So Garth and me hit the water at first light to cross the eyes of some walleye. Fish had the feed bag on and the crank bite was hot from the get go. Couple hours passed and all the clips were against the board, so Garth was pulling in the board to retrieve the 16 planer board clips. In the mean while i had discovered bear bangers in my pocket and wondered if they expired.............nope. Garth near pee'd himself. hahhhaahahhahhhahahah, too funny. After a nasty discussion we are friends again and go back to trolling, the morning bite fades at around 10am to just small fish and PIKE!!!(pfftt..pike)
Garth has been up all night and its power nap time.....one banger left...lol....YUP this one workies just fine too......Hot choco pours down the front of his pants and a stainless steel mug bounces off my head, still funny enough not to quit laughing at him.
Garth insists we go in so he can change into his gortex rain pants....hahhahahahah, I think he expected the swedish bikini team to appear in the middle of the lake and wanted to look his best.
We power in and a young fellow is screaming and waving his arms at shore. We immediately think the worst, we have already towed 5 boats in this year and assume this young fellow has people stranded on the water. Garth jumps up to the casting platform 10 feet from shore and asks the Boy.."whats the matter". The young fellow stares at Garths pants and says.." did you poop yourself?".......i lost it and started to snort uncontrollably.
Garth replies .."Its his fault" and points at me
The young fellow replies.." He made you poop yourself" as he points at me. Now im really losing it....im laughing so hard i can barely breath.
Finally I ask the young fellow whats wrong.....he replies " i need to borrow pliers to pinch my barbs, my mom wont let me fish unless i play by the rules and i left the pliers at home" . He goes on to tell me he has a birthday present tackle box full of new hooks.
While Sally is changing his pants, me and my new buddy are putting the squeeze to all the barbs. In a short time i get his life story.....dad had passed last year and was the greatest fisherman on earth....mom is a computer whiz and works in televison....grandma and grandpa live in arizona and Dad is burried there also. Mom comes to the boat and Thanks me for helping and explains that Christian was working on his bike the night before and forgot the pliers. Christian says "Dad will be proud of me if I catch a fish"
I offer to take them both out and hook Christian up with fish.....the pleading starts and i can see Mom is uneasy......we are strangers and 1 of us pooped his pants. I assure her we have pfd's for them both.
Sally finally gets back and the 4 of us power out, they need to be back on shore by early afternoon so we get her up on plane for the hump...the live target smelt crankbait is in my mind the single best crank to come along in the past 10 years.
Christian made his Dad proud 9 times.

I hope you all had a great day fishing

Rick.
08-13-2011, 09:10 PM
Bless you both. Really enjoyed this. Rick.

Ruger1022
08-13-2011, 09:26 PM
Thx man I needed that!!

npauls
08-13-2011, 09:30 PM
Sounds like a really good day on the water for you and not so much for Garth hahahaha.

Glad to hear the young gaffer got into some fish.

horsetrader
08-13-2011, 09:32 PM
Nice job Chubb ..................... especially with Garth hahahahahahahahaah

Geezle
08-13-2011, 09:47 PM
Great story chubb! :)

chubbdarter
08-13-2011, 09:53 PM
Nice job Chubb ..................... especially with Garth hahahahahahahahaah

payback will be swift and painfull but i now have ideas for our trip with Mikeo2 in sept..............lol.....he did say he was bringing ear plugs, right?

alodar
08-13-2011, 10:06 PM
So Garth and me hit the water at first light to cross the eyes of some walleye. Fish had the feed bag on and the crank bite was hot from the get go. Couple hours passed and all the clips were against the board, so Garth was pulling in the board to retrieve the 16 planer board clips. In the mean while i had discovered bear bangers in my pocket and wondered if they expired.............nope. Garth near pee'd himself. hahhhaahahhahhhahahah, too funny. After a nasty discussion we are friends again and go back to trolling, the morning bite fades at around 10am to just small fish and PIKE!!!(pfftt..pike)
Garth has been up all night and its power nap time.....one banger left...lol....YUP this one workies just fine too......Hot choco pours down the front of his pants and a stainless steel mug bounces off my head, still funny enough not to quit laughing at him.
Garth insists we go in so he can change into his gortex rain pants....hahhahahahah, I think he expected the swedish bikini team to appear in the middle of the lake and wanted to look his best.
We power in and a young fellow is screaming and waving his arms at shore. We immediately think the worst, we have already towed 5 boats in this year and assume this young fellow has people stranded on the water. Garth jumps up to the casting platform 10 feet from shore and asks the Boy.."whats the matter". The young fellow stares at Garths pants and says.." did you poop yourself?".......i lost it and started to snort uncontrollably.
Garth replies .."Its his fault" and points at me
The young fellow replies.." He made you poop yourself" as he points at me. Now im really losing it....im laughing so hard i can barely breath.
Finally I ask the young fellow whats wrong.....he replies " i need to borrow pliers to pinch my barbs, my mom wont let me fish unless i play by the rules and i left the pliers at home" . He goes on to tell me he has a birthday present tackle box full of new hooks.
While Sally is changing his pants, me and my new buddy are putting the squeeze to all the barbs. In a short time i get his life story.....dad had passed last year and was the greatest fisherman on earth....mom is a computer whiz and works in televison....grandma and grandpa live in arizona and Dad is burried there also. Mom comes to the boat and Thanks me for helping and explains that Christian was working on his bike the night before and forgot the pliers. Christian says "Dad will be proud of me if I catch a fish"
I offer to take them both out and hook Christian up with fish.....the pleading starts and i can see Mom is uneasy......we are strangers and 1 of us pooped his pants. I assure her we have pfd's for them both.
Sally finally gets back and the 4 of us power out, they need to be back on shore by early afternoon so we get her up on plane for the hump...the live target smelt crankbait is in my mind the single best crank to come along in the past 10 years.
Christian made his Dad proud 9 times.

I hope you all had a great day fishing

For a minute i thought this was a reminder for me to make sure i dont forget mine AGAIN. U should work at bps

chubbdarter
08-13-2011, 10:06 PM
Sounds like a really good day on the water for you and not so much for Garth hahahaha.

Glad to hear the young gaffer got into some fish.

Garth will live...lol

How did today go? Cha Ching in your pocket?

horsetrader
08-13-2011, 10:17 PM
payback will be swift and painfull but i now have ideas for our trip with Mikeo2 in sept..............lol.....he did say he was bringing ear plugs, right?

Ya he did this may be one time i'll be glad i'm deaf LOLOLOL

npauls
08-13-2011, 10:31 PM
Garth will live...lol

How did today go? Cha Ching in your pocket?

I wish there was cash in the pocket, It was a nice day on the water but the big fish just weren't around. The big fish of the day was only 62.5cm.

chubbdarter
08-13-2011, 10:42 PM
I wish there was cash in the pocket, It was a nice day on the water but the big fish just weren't around. The big fish of the day was only 62.5cm.

Nate ...Nate....i told you where and what they eat during the heat of the summer

chubbdarter
08-13-2011, 10:43 PM
Ya he did this may be one time i'll be glad i'm deaf LOLOLOL

I got this electrical thingy that Garth scarred me with last year......maybe help your deafness?

horsetrader
08-13-2011, 10:58 PM
I got this electrical thingy that Garth scarred me with last year......maybe help your deafness?

If i got choice between deaf or wetting my pants i'll take deaf thanks lololol

npauls
08-13-2011, 11:02 PM
Nate ...Nate....i told you where and what they eat during the heat of the summer

Trust me if I could have I would have tried it but it wasn't my boat and there were 3 of us so we just ran spinners and smiley blades.

I will explain it to you another time and let you know what went down.

chubbdarter
08-13-2011, 11:08 PM
If i got choice between deaf or wetting my pants i'll take deaf thanks lololol

Be no choices...just surprizes

chubbdarter
08-13-2011, 11:11 PM
Trust me if I could have I would have tried it but it wasn't my boat and there were 3 of us so we just ran spinners and smiley blades.

I will explain it to you another time and let you know what went down.

hahhhahahhaha...no one died ...did they?

Tied up fish?

horsetrader
08-13-2011, 11:11 PM
Be no choices...just surprizes

hahahahahahahahahahahahah!

chubbdarter
08-13-2011, 11:30 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahah!

It will be fine...whats the worst that can happen?.....lol

Back at er tomorrow for first light.........Anyone wanna go fishing?.....lol i wont wait for any replies

horsetrader
08-14-2011, 12:21 AM
It will be fine...whats the worst that can happen?.....lol

Back at er tomorrow for first light.........Anyone wanna go fishing?.....lol i wont wait for any replies

better check my insurance lol

slivers86
08-14-2011, 01:48 AM
Great story. Its people like some of us here, and you, that can really help out, and make a kids day. That kid will never forget you. :fighting0030:

Flyfisher87
08-14-2011, 09:16 AM
A truly touching story. My hat goes off to you chubbs :)

Redfrog
08-14-2011, 09:50 AM
Now that sounds like an excellent day on the water.:sHa_shakeshout: Nicely played.

walking buffalo
08-14-2011, 10:36 AM
Now that sounds like an excellent day on the water.:sHa_shakeshout: Nicely played.

Yes. And well written. Better than I've read in any magazine for quite a while....Well, in any Fishing mag.... :)

Dust1n
08-14-2011, 11:35 AM

x2 haha

BobLoblaw
08-14-2011, 12:03 PM
So much to like about this story, Chubb...
-the kid who worships his Dad & wants to make him proud
-the Dad who instilled a love of fishing in his boy
-the Mom who is making sure her son gets out fishing
-the Mom insists the kid plays by the rules
-the kid does whatever it takes to make sure he gets to fish
-last, but certainly not least, the kind-hearted stranger who helps make sure the kid catches some fish.

Throw in some laughs at Garth's expense & you've got a perfect story.
I really enjoyed reading this, Chubb-dude.
Well-played, indeed...:sHa_shakeshout:

haywarje
08-14-2011, 01:22 PM
-last, but certainly not least, the kind-hearted stranger who helps make sure the kid catches some fish.

Agreed!! Excellent story! Don't forget the stainless steel mug bouncing off the head! Seems like an appropriate response! Lol! Awsome!

TreeGuy
08-14-2011, 05:24 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself. :)

Good on ya, Chubb.

Kurt505
08-14-2011, 07:16 PM
Good on ya, as a fisherman I have always reached out to lend a hand whenever possible, I just wish I could have a story like that. The world needs more people with the likes of you. I'm sure you made a memory the boy, and mother will never forget. I hope this story inspires some readers to be as generous with their good fortunes as yourself. Thanks for giving to the less fortunate, they really do need it.

mikeo2
08-14-2011, 10:26 PM
Great story, thanks for sharing.

chubbdarter
08-15-2011, 01:12 PM
You all would of done the same.....in this case the giver was more fortunate than the receiver.

chubbdarter
08-15-2011, 01:13 PM
Great story, thanks for sharing.

Well slipknot....how was the weekend?