PDA

View Full Version : ST. Mary's river , around lethbridge

braxxtonn
08-14-2011, 10:24 PM
anybody know any decent spots on the st. marys river?, buddy at work told me there''s big trout in there, i went fishing there today a lil south of lethbridge and caught 4 gold eye and 1 small fish that had kind off a sucker mouth on it that was a brownish color and had big nostrills on it? caught them all on a worm about 2 feet under the bobber,,,, is there trout in there this close to lethbridge, i was about 5 mile south of lethbridge,
also what kind of fish are in the st. marys?
thanx guys

Wes_G
08-14-2011, 10:28 PM
A good first place to look would be the regulations.

There is no bait allowed other then maggots and only from Aug 16th to October 31st on that river.....

Good luck in having anyone give you any info now.

Guitarplayingfish
08-14-2011, 10:28 PM
Um... Bait ban?... Look at your regulations. Also, there are not gold-eye there.

uplander
08-14-2011, 10:58 PM
anybody know any decent spots on the st. marys river?, buddy at work told me there''s big trout in there, i went fishing there today a lil south of lethbridge and caught 4 gold eye and 1 small fish that had kind off a sucker mouth on it that was a brownish color and had big nostrills on it? caught them all on a worm about 2 feet under the bobber,,,, is there trout in there this close to lethbridge, i was about 5 mile south of lethbridge,
also what kind of fish are in the st. marys?
thanx guys

you otta look at the regs before u go out rookie mistake and there's trout further west

MooseGuy
08-14-2011, 11:01 PM
There use to be some trout, nothing big and the fishery has really gone to s#$% in the past 10 yrs, you would be very lucky to catch a trout there these days.

gprime27
08-15-2011, 07:40 AM
I'm in Lethbridge and know these waters quite well. PM me :)

braxxtonn
08-15-2011, 05:42 PM
Um... Bait ban?... Look at your regulations. Also, there are not gold-eye there.

Yes there are gold eye , I pulled out 4 yesterday,

Dam alberta , to many bull**** rules and regs, not just in fishing but evrything in general, I miss Sask already,

Itsmyfishingshow
08-15-2011, 05:48 PM

Dam alberta , to many bull**** rules and regs, not just in fishing but evrything in general, I miss Sask already,

pics and bait bans are there for a reason. if you catch a fish on bait it has a worse mortality rate than a lure or fly

braxxtonn
08-15-2011, 05:54 PM
pics and bait bans are there for a reason. if you catch a fish on bait it has a worse mortality rate than a lure or fly

Yeah mabey if ur using poison for bait, a good tasty worm, leach, or minnow is ok, No???

Pudelpointer
08-15-2011, 06:18 PM
Yeah mabey if ur using poison for bait, a good tasty worm, leach, or minnow is ok, No???

No.

Did you even read the regs?

Guitarplayingfish
08-15-2011, 07:09 PM

:snapoutofit:

huntsfurfish
08-15-2011, 07:13 PM

I was born and raised in Alberta. Best gall dang Province in the country!:)

So a little friendly advice :):evilgrin:with a post like that. Alberta doesnt need anymore poachers so feel free to go back, you wont be missed.

lyons6
08-15-2011, 07:57 PM

Hahahaha seriously!

uplander
08-15-2011, 08:31 PM

gtfo

Wes_G
08-15-2011, 09:09 PM

Maybe educate yourself before you go out by reading the regs for the water that you are going to fish... and then take a look online at the diffeences in mortality rates between fish caught on a hook with bait vs. non.....

I suggest if you dont like the regs here then you either dont fish at all, or go back to Saskatchewan to do it.

cmdalexander
08-15-2011, 09:18 PM

Well then pack up and go back!

Itsmyfishingshow
08-15-2011, 09:25 PM
next thing you know hell complain about not being able to harvest sturgeon