PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon Lake, great fishin, brown water..ew

viral_override
08-15-2011, 12:56 PM
Pigeon lake had some great fishing this past weekend but the water turned brown in the evening and on to Sunday...looked like an oil spill....

It was like a laye of brown algea over the green algea...eeeeew...

Jayball
08-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Was there over the weekend as well. Saw lots of that friday afternoon on east side (silver/mulhurst), I have seen it before in past years on the lake. Must be some kind of algae different from the blue green stuff. Anyone else know?

pickrel pat
08-15-2011, 01:32 PM
brown water? maybe the lake did its summer flip.

Jayball
08-15-2011, 01:34 PM
i have been there long enough to see that right after the blue/green hit... the water returns to a pretty good state, but i wondered what that brown stuff was... more like tiny brown beads.

pickrel pat
08-15-2011, 01:51 PM
i have been there long enough to see that right after the blue/green hit... the water returns to a pretty good state, but i wondered what that brown stuff was... more like tiny brown beads.

im thinkin the lake did its flip, when the bottom water comes to the top and there is no thermocline.

0liver
08-15-2011, 03:13 PM
little brown pellets? probably the algea balls are dying out and the bloom is almost over. Hopefully it clears up for September in time for the fall walleye season..