PDA

View Full Version : variety is nice

WayneChristie
08-15-2011, 06:48 PM
got home from camping last night, hit the river for a couple hours. First 5 casts, 5 different species of fish, followed by a double header of a goldeye and a walleye. one cast I didnt even have time to close the bail and I had a fish on, 2 other times I had a fish before my butt hit the chair. gotta love a bit of variety :sHa_shakeshout: great way to cap off a weekend

Eddy62
08-15-2011, 07:08 PM
got home from camping last night, hit the river for a couple hours. First 5 casts, 5 different species of fish, followed by a double header of a goldeye and a walleye. one cast I didnt even have time to close the bail and I had a fish on, 2 other times I had a fish before my butt hit the chair. gotta love a bit of variety :sHa_shakeshout: great way to cap off a weekendwere was you fishing

WayneChristie
08-15-2011, 07:31 PM
way down the Bow, not too far from the forks.

HunterDave
08-15-2011, 09:15 PM
Nice! I don't think that there are 5 different species in the waters that I fish.........LOL!

WayneChristie
08-15-2011, 09:31 PM
real mixed bag around here. this time I got goldeye mooneye pike sucker and walleye, could have used a nice sturgeon to top it off, but maybe next time. did see a nice one jump just for a tease

FishingFrenzy
08-15-2011, 10:04 PM
Sounds like a pile of fun! Which 5 species?

horsetrader
08-15-2011, 10:20 PM
real mixed bag around here. this time I got goldeye mooneye pike sucker and walleye, could have used a nice sturgeon to top it off, but maybe next time. did see a nice one jump just for a tease

Sounds like a pile of fun! Which 5 species?

Don't you hate it when they leave you hanging..........lol

Dust1n
08-15-2011, 10:25 PM

haha

Xiph0id
08-15-2011, 11:18 PM
Lmao

FishingFrenzy
08-16-2011, 09:30 AM

Wow, nice job answering my question seconds before I posted it Wayne...:)

mooseknuckle
08-16-2011, 10:07 AM
got home from camping last night, hit the river for a couple hours. First 5 casts, 5 different species of fish, followed by a double header of a goldeye and a walleye. one cast I didnt even have time to close the bail and I had a fish on, 2 other times I had a fish before my butt hit the chair. gotta love a bit of variety :sHa_shakeshout: great way to cap off a weekend

Right on Wayne, we had a great night on the NSR last night. Goldeye, mooneye, walleye, and 2 sturgeon!!

0liver
08-16-2011, 01:25 PM
Still slamming the nice mini eyes and finally got a pike worth mentioning out of the river, probably about 6 pounds maybe 5.5 but dang it was long , maybe 33-35'' and built like a pencil-torpedo took my 6'6 quantum for a quick jog down the bank.

so many mini-walleye though at the spillway, every other cast I get a little 1-3 pound walleye nothing amazing or worth bringing the camera but if I do ever break my 8 pound goal I will definatly start looking into a good camera.
any recommendations? looking for something cheap and durable that has a decent auto focus.

ice
08-16-2011, 01:27 PM
I Sure wish i had the time, And the luck, to pull this off,
Good Job Wayne!

WayneChristie
08-16-2011, 09:13 PM
dont know about the luck, tonight I had 3 or 4 fish on, including a decent walleye, and couldnt get even one to shore. saving the luck for next weekend I guess.