PDA

View Full Version : Looking for good fishing around Red Deer

Username_Taken
08-16-2011, 02:05 AM
I am new to this forum and looking for some current information. I have recently moved from Calgary to Cochrane so my regular Southern Alberta fishing trips have become quite the epic day trips, adding hours to my round trip travel time. With summer coming to a close, the more hours I can spend on the water and not in the truck, are the hours I am looking for.

I have fished north of Edmonton, Calgary/Cochrane and South, but never spent any real time fishing between Calgary and Edmonton!

I have begun looking around the Red Deer region, Sylvan, Buck, Pigeon, Gull etc. as an alternative for my regular southern trips and would greatly appreciate some current fishing information for around the Red Deer region. I have no species preference, so any information on bodies of water that have been fishing well lately or generally fish well would be greatly appreciated. I generally go North and South for the pike, walleye and perch, so information on these species would be great.

I am looking for someplace new to go about an hour to an hour and a half away. I already regularly float and fish the bow and associated tributaries many times a year, so I am really looking for some good flat water options and suggestions.

I have a small designated fishing boat which gives me greater flexibility. But it is also nice not having to contend with too many idiots in speed boats with little or no respect for the smaller craft sharing the water, so this associated information would also be appreciated.

Thanks