PDA

View Full Version : Coal Lake

ThunderBolt
08-16-2011, 07:28 PM
Just got back from Coal Lake; catching alot of small pike again.:)

FishingFrenzy
08-16-2011, 07:33 PM
Just got back from Coal Lake; catching alot of small pike again.:)

Nice, I like fishing Coal. How are the weeds?? Were you in a boat or shorefishing?

ThunderBolt
08-16-2011, 07:36 PM
Nice, I like fishing Coal. How are the weeds?? Were you in a boat or shorefishing?
The weeds have come out a little farther, however yes I was in a boat and there is still plenty of space where you can troll and not catch a bunch of weeds all the time.

bloopbloob
08-16-2011, 07:59 PM
Are there hundreds of fish jumping out there still? Never really got a good look at any, but I assume they are suckers?. Only caught 2 fish last trip out, pretty sad for Coal!

ThunderBolt
08-16-2011, 08:05 PM
Are there hundreds of fish jumping out there still? Never really got a good look at any, but I assume they are suckers?. Only caught 2 fish last trip out, pretty sad for Coal!
That is an interesting question, when I decided to go home I was closer to the north side, I opened the the boat at full speed because I lauch my boat at the south side and as I was making my way back to the southend I noticed lots of fish jumping in certain areas. These where jacks and they where allot bigger than the ones I was catching!!:mad0030:

RavYak
08-16-2011, 09:08 PM
There must be some bigger jacks in coal although the one day I was there I only caught 2-3 lbers. I say this because I had one big hit while trolling and the jig head/tail were shredded.

bloopbloob
08-16-2011, 10:38 PM
There must be some bigger jacks in coal although the one day I was there I only caught 2-3 lbers. I say this because I had one big hit while trolling and the jig head/tail were shredded.

I've caught two just over 15lbs, and one 13lber this year. Seen many (20+) in the 15-20lb range caught this year also. I'm hoping this winter will be VERY good, seems like there are a ton of fish for the big guys to feed on, and the water is much higher than in the past. Just hope all the weeds decomposing don't steal all the oxygen.....