PDA

View Full Version : dewitts pond

cgall
08-17-2011, 12:00 PM
Hi there,

I am hoping to take a 9 year old out fishing friday with the goal of actually catching a fish this time. After looking at a number of posts we are going to try our luck at dewitt's pond. Any advice (where to fish, what to use) would be greatly appreciated. We will be fishing from shore. Thanks in advance

0liver
08-17-2011, 12:07 PM
if theres bait allowed float off the bottom with some trout dough or marshmellows. If not fly under a bobber...slooooooowly retrieve. Have caught many stocked trout both ways.

if your lucky enough to have a fly rod try some leach imitations near the shallows and strip them in quickly if you see some interest to trigger a strike.

be sure to check the regs for dewitts before taking my advice and using bait, although im almost certain its allowed..

Toirtis
08-17-2011, 01:42 PM
if your lucky enough to have a fly rod try some leach imitations near the shallows and strip them in quickly if you see some interest to trigger a strike.

Wire worms and scuds do well in DeWitts, too.

be sure to check the regs for dewitts before taking my advice and using bait, although im almost certain its allowed..

It is.

TheKi
08-17-2011, 01:52 PM
you can use bait. i fished the south end with a PHOEBE with a trout pattern from Acme Tackle Company i caught 3 trout over 20 cm with it and 30+ bites. if u have one cast 20 feet out the it sink than pull in slow. the other thing that works there and everyone is doing is cheese on a pic rig. when i was there everyone was doing it and was having luck. The limit is five trout per person any size. Hope this helps. Have fun.

Tyler.