PDA

View Full Version : Trolling Spinners and Wedding Bands For Kokannee?

trapshooter
08-17-2011, 11:42 PM
When I am trolling for kokannee with wedding bands and spinners should I use a banana weight or something similar to get it right to the bottom if not what other weight should I use?
By the way I am fishing Moyie Lake B.C.
Thanks

Tezma
08-17-2011, 11:44 PM
I used a from the line meduim flasher down 16 inchs to a small flasher set down 18 inchs to a wedding band with worm.

That was up in Nakusp. arrow head I think it was called.

Caught lots this way.

finsnfeathers
08-17-2011, 11:52 PM
Fishing Kootenay Lake, i found the kokanee to be near the suface when feeding. Caught all mine in the top 2 to 3 feet of over 400 foot depths.

Tezma
08-17-2011, 11:58 PM
Remeber they have SOFT mouth. easy on the haul in

tacklerunner
08-18-2011, 09:31 AM
Refer back to your other thread:

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=100112&highlight=kokanee

They're not that deep. Start with the surface and if you can't get them keep adding 1/2 ounce weight at a time until you find them. They shouldn't be more than 20 feet down.

EZM
08-19-2011, 11:07 AM
YES you can - I set up with a 1oz to 3oz (depending on where the fish are holding and the speed I'm trolling) with a mooching (banana weight).

BUT I put a bead chain (attached with a split ring) so the flashers don't twist up the line. I know the banana sinkers have a swivel on each end but this is added security.

I also use a small snubber between the flasher and wedding ring. Keep alot more fish on the line that way (tripled my landing rate instead of ripping it out of thier mouths).

I do, however, find a small 1.5 hot pink Apex much more productive. I also occassionally put a banana sinker in front.

Remember (as mentioned above) Kokanee are shallow between 0' and 20ft ussually.