08-18-2011, 01:44 PM
Regs answer http://albertaregulations.ca/huntingregs/

tacklerunner
08-18-2011, 01:47 PM
Regs answer http://albertaregulations.ca/huntingregs/

Sorry, slow with the poll. :)

Okotokian
08-18-2011, 02:00 PM
Don't actually carry a copy with me when I hunt, but it's in the vehicle.

Who doesn't read them but carries them? I don't understand. If you have no idea what's inside how did you know when to refer to them? How do you know when the season opens in various WMU's? What changes have been made since last year?

Calgarys_finest
08-18-2011, 02:11 PM
I read the regulations on a per trip basis. I also keep a set in my tackle box and one next to the crapper:reading:

jgrocks
08-18-2011, 02:18 PM
I read the regulations on a per trip basis. I also keep a set in my tackle box and one next to the crapper:reading:

x2 minus the crapper

BGAngler
08-18-2011, 02:28 PM
x2 minus the crapper

+1. Rather be safe than sorry.

tacklerunner
08-18-2011, 03:45 PM
Don't actually carry a copy with me when I hunt, but it's in the vehicle.

Who doesn't read them but carries them? I don't understand. If you have no idea what's inside how did you know when to refer to them? How do you know when the season opens in various WMU's? What changes have been made since last year?

That's what I was wondering. Seems like there's an aweful lot of people on the forum that I assume have a fishing license but have a lot of "Reg Questions"... or post about using bait in a no bait zone... or post about fishing in areas that are not open... or post pics of fish they kept that are over/under size or from C&R waters...............:confused:

slivers86
08-18-2011, 04:29 PM
I try to do research on the streams I am in. But I fish Catch and Release for the most part, unless I'm targeting something for dinner, in which case I'll bring a tape and hope I meet the requirements :) I carry the regs in my vehicle all the time though!

slivers86
08-18-2011, 04:31 PM
That's what I was wondering. Seems like there's an aweful lot of people on the forum that I assume have a fishing license but have a lot of "Reg Questions"... or post about using bait in a no bait zone... or post about fishing in areas that are not open... or post pics of fish they kept that are over/under size or from C&R waters...............:confused:

As a noobie, I find that the regs can be a bit confusing in some of the wording.. Especially if you look at the BC regs. It can be frustrating, but after scratching your head a bit, its simple stuff :)

Took me a while to understand what 'bait' was allowed in certain places, etc.

Dust1n
08-18-2011, 04:32 PM
i keep it in my backpack just incase i run into someone poaching i can show him what the regs are

Willowtrail
08-18-2011, 08:34 PM
I have a set in the 5th wheel, truck, boat and house.

bloopbloob
08-18-2011, 08:45 PM
I read my regs before fishing season ever starts, re-read before every trip for lake specifics, and bring a copy with me whenever I go, even if I'm familiar with the lake regs. It gets set on top of the tacklebox in the garage after every trip to make sure it comes with me next time out. Sometimes head out to a familiar spot, then end up trying new waters, so I always bring the regs.

alacringa
08-18-2011, 08:55 PM
Read up on the areas I usually go to; double-check before each trip; and keep a copy wedged between the passenger seat and the center console. I sure thought there'd be a lot less folks that read them, given some of the questions that get posted, though. Maybe those folks just aren't responding to the poll.

bigbuck19
08-18-2011, 09:30 PM
Keep it with me all the time, just in case. Throw it in my backpack.

horsetrader
08-18-2011, 09:39 PM
Have a memory problem so have to check before i go to some places no sense in reading to far ahead

huffy
08-19-2011, 07:27 AM
Got the online version on my computers, home and work, and a set in my tacklebox. Read them before any trip to waters I haven't fished this year and occasionally as a refresher if its been a while.

chubbdarter
08-19-2011, 07:32 AM
Read them over and over and carry copy, have also been on the phone with C.O's getting clarifications on certain boundaries. Sadly ive gotten varying answers but with enough calls i get my answers.

Rascal4now
08-19-2011, 09:07 AM
This may be a
If I catch an illegal fish or illegal lenth fish and they swallow the hook/can't survive. How do I handle that? Throw them back anyway?

chubbdarter
08-19-2011, 09:11 AM
This may be a
If I catch an illegal fish or illegal lenth fish and they swallow the hook/can't survive. How do I handle that? Throw them back anyway?

page 21

Shaggy
08-19-2011, 09:31 AM
They are downloaded on my Iphone. It's the only thing that I remember to take with me everywhere.

DustDee
08-19-2011, 01:24 PM
Ya, I got the PDFs on my phone. I think SRD needs to make a app for the various smart phones that allows you to easily search for a body of water and read the regs. That would make it a lot easier than trying to navigate that advertisement ridden PDF file.

Dusty

Daceminnow
08-19-2011, 05:34 PM
i pick up a half a dozen copies each year. read up on the changes, all the water i frequent, and before i venture to bodies of water i've never explored. distribute to all the vehicles, trailer, quad box, and washrooms of the house for easy reference. the maps come in handy as well, as there's always a copy somewhere near.

alacringa
08-19-2011, 09:59 PM
Ya, I got the PDFs on my phone. I think SRD needs to make a app for the various smart phones that allows you to easily search for a body of water and read the regs. That would make it a lot easier than trying to navigate that advertisement ridden PDF file.

Dusty

Now that's a cool idea. Then, all I'd need would be one of those fancy phones. I keep the pdf on my desktop, and run a search...similar idea.

DarkAisling
08-20-2011, 09:05 AM
I read them, typically have several hard copies kicking around, and have them on my iPad. That does mean that I don't occasionally wind up without access to them, but I do try my best :)