PDA

View Full Version : Cold Lake

ranger
08-18-2011, 06:39 PM
I plan to go to Cold lake next week it will be my first time there i got a pretty good idea were to fish after looking the bathymetric map of the lake but it will be nice to have a idea of lure is best for lake trout.

Any advice would be nice thanks.

splake0
08-18-2011, 07:32 PM
I've been using ruby eye wiggler been catching lots. Or Williams wobbler. Pretty well any 3.5 inch spoon. Downriggin to 90 ft.

Good luck

Teamprotz
08-18-2011, 08:06 PM
I've been using ruby eye wiggler been catching lots. Or Williams wobbler. Pretty well any 3.5 inch spoon. Downriggin to 90 ft.

Good luck

Trust the man that knows.

splake0
08-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Both caught on spoons. The 14 pounder went back to be caught again. It was caught last Sunday on the Ruby eye wiggler.

sapper3
08-18-2011, 09:26 PM
Well I am no expert...There are a lot of guys on the forum that actually assisted me. Thanks Splake0. I and a friend fished there for 3 days this week... (First time fishing Cold Lake) I used two different rods used a green terror with Anchovies on one and Ruby Eye Wiggler lure. Used Luhr Jenson flashers Pink and white and also green and white (any colour will work). The Lakers were hitting every thing out there. Downriggers were set and we fished between 50 to 120 Ft... We hooked into about 30 Lakers ranging in size from 2lbs to 8lbs and range in length from 20 to 28 Inches. We had 2 keepers 65cm long. We also fished all over the lake and it did not matter there are fish all over the lake. How ever the lake get winds waves were approx 3 ft very unpleasant. But over all first experience was great will book anther trip next year.
Will post pictures once they load up.

hockey1099
08-18-2011, 11:00 PM
Last thursday i went out with four guys. Me and my dad ran cut plugs and outfished my buddy 3-1 he was using spoons.

The fish move in the water column i caught fish anywhere from 50- 75 feet. Keep changing depths till you find the fish and if you stop catching them change the depth again.

ranger
08-19-2011, 06:50 AM
Thank you all for taking the time to answer great tips .