PDA

View Full Version : Access to Bearspaw Reservoir?

ub3rst4r
08-18-2011, 07:20 PM
I am just wondering if anyone knows of an "easy" way to launch a boat into Bearspaw? I have not fished it in 8+ years now because of all the red tape there is to get in there now. After all of the million dollar (and up) homes went up the only way we could get a boat in there was by winching it down a 30 foot cliff, and not to mention 2 people I know got a big fine for just parking there. I heard that they're building a park in there for people to launch their boats. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

drhu22
08-18-2011, 08:32 PM
Maybe explore further upstream past the developed areas for a place to float down? Also, Google Earth is your friend.

ub3rst4r
08-18-2011, 10:16 PM
I have a dinghy but the problem is if I enter it from upstream, then how am I going to get out without going on somebody elses land. If I had a river boat then itd be a different story. I will definitely take a look at Google Earth/Maps.

tommyguitar
08-19-2011, 09:55 AM
:)

ub3rst4r
08-21-2011, 01:19 PM
I was thinking about maybe starting a petition to give people better access to the bearspaw reservoir but the only problem is getting enough signatures and who would do anything about it?

Commander B
08-21-2011, 07:51 PM
I have previously gone as far as aproaching the RM, The lot furthest west on the lower road on million dollar houses is a service/public right of way. They even said that it should not be chained or fenced which it is. The problem arises that they have little control over the no parking signs. I will be the first to sign, or become involved an organised plan for acess.

B.

pottymouth
08-21-2011, 08:36 PM
I was thinking about maybe starting a petition to give people better access to the bearspaw reservoir but the only problem is getting enough signatures and who would do anything about it?

Why don't you what most hunters have to do....knock on doors and ask for permission?

ub3rst4r
08-21-2011, 10:23 PM
Well we have tried everyone including the CO for that area, the MLA, and the land developers to get access to there. They have all said the exact same thing which is "theres nothing we can do". I would go and knock on peoples doors but thats if they didnt have a big fence and no trespassing signs.