PDA

View Full Version : how cold is Bow river?

stluch
08-18-2011, 11:22 PM
Hi guys. Like I mentioned in my previous thread, I'm visiting Calgary next week and would like to know how cold Bow river is right now. Do I need my wader to fly fish around or is river warm enough for wet-wading (just wading socks and boots)? Trying to save some room in my luggage. Cheers and tight lines!

Tezma
08-18-2011, 11:25 PM
Im going there tomorrow. Ill bring my portable fish finder and get the temp for you.

Dust1n
08-18-2011, 11:29 PM
Hi guys. Like I mentioned in my previous thread, I'm visiting Calgary next week and would like to know how cold Bow river is right now. Do I need my wader to fly fish around or is river warm enough for wet-wading (just wading socks and boots)? Trying to save some room in my luggage. Cheers and tight lines!

you dont need waders....iv been wading the bow for months which is about 1 time a month. but still the water is warm

ice
08-19-2011, 01:51 AM
Its August...
I think you'll be alright....

chubbdarter
08-19-2011, 07:11 AM
above the poop pipe your okay in shorts and wading boots
Below the poop pipe.....i would highly recomend waders for obvious reasons

Scott N
08-19-2011, 09:10 AM
above the poop pipe your okay in shorts and wading boots
Below the poop pipe.....i would highly recomend waders for obvious reasons

X2.... why would anyone want to stand in water in bare feet below a city where over a million people pee / poo? Yuck!

stluch
08-19-2011, 10:08 AM
haha thanks chubbdater, it makes sense. I'm going to fish above the poop pipe for sure now.