PDA

View Full Version : Calling Lake?

Rascal4now
08-20-2011, 08:56 PM
Would appreciate input please. I have a few days off coming up and I want to go somewhere QUIET and peaceful. Meaning; minimal huge motorhomes, partiers, generators and just plain racket (no offence to those that have these things). Also, of course, good fishing. Want to catch and keep preferably. I am near Leduc so could travel a couple hours. I have a small truck camper and boat and motor. Would Calling Lake be a good choice?

Kim473
08-21-2011, 06:11 AM
You will catch lots of wallies and some pike but there will be lots of boats on the lake and not too quiet in the campground. You will need to find a small lake that has very limited camping for the quiet. Can't think of one like that but I know you will have fun fishing at Calling. Find a lake with a campsite a couple of miles away from it to have the quiet and peacefull. Not sure if rock island lake north of calling has a campsite or not. If it does that might be the spot to go to.

haywarje
08-21-2011, 08:55 AM
Rock Island Lake campsite has been closed for a couple of years now. Too bad, it was a gooder. They just opened up 40 new sites at Calling Lake 2 weeks ago. Should be a little quieter now if you take a back site. Boat launch was a gong show last weekend as usual. Saw an oldtimer in a motorhome with a front mounted pontoon boat back into a trailered boat. :sign0161: