PDA

View Full Version : Gull report

jefferson
01-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Hit Gull this afternoon for an hour and a half to try out the new heater; worked great, and the fishing was good, too. Saw four whites and five pike- one suicidal pike made the return trip with me for supper. He was the smallest one I saw, at 26 inches, and came flying in three times to hit my bait. I missed him twice, and the second time, he swam off. About 30 seconds later, I saw a whitefish swimming fairly quickly, and then it darted straight at my camera in a hurry- not normal whitefish behavior, and I figured out why. Right behind him was the same pike that I had just missed! He chased the whitefish straight by my camera out of view to the south, and back north again past my hook. As they went by the second time (with the whitefish begging for sweet life, I'm sure), I gave my jigging spoon a good hard tug, and the pike turned 90 degrees and nailed it on the drop. The underwater camera made for a great afternoon, and a cool experience! I was on the north end in about 7 feet of water, a half-mile south of the new RV park.