PDA

View Full Version : Tip-up flag alert

Rockymtnx
01-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Anyone use one of these before? How well do they work?

http://www.naturevisioninc.com/shop_nvi/images/P/FLAG_ALERT.jpg

Flag Alert incorporates a tilt switch (non-mercury) and clips on all tip-up flag arms. Clip the indicator alarm to your belt or jacket, and wait for the beep! Works up to 300-feet.

Capt Highliner
01-11-2008, 07:31 PM
nope, looks like a good idea tho!!

we usually use bells just clipped to the flag...last time out buddy had a good strike on the tip-up, went to set up again and couldn't find the bell, assumed it went down the hole!!! when we were leavin we found it about 15ft from the hole!!!

haha! flag flung it pretty good!!

Rockymtnx
01-11-2008, 07:37 PM
I have little bells on my tip ups too. Last weekend I had a walleye on one. A guy fishing a little ways away said my flag had been up for a good 5 minutes.
I thought these might help for when your in the shack.

Ayr
01-11-2008, 09:55 PM
I use the bells too, seems to work pretty well. That is an interesting device, I think it might be useful for those exceptionally cold windy days when your fishing tip-ups from your vehicle in low light/poor visibilty. I have not used one yet.

Ayr.

Versatile
01-11-2008, 10:09 PM
We have a home made unti made out of an old fly reel. The handle on the reel bangs the bell as it spins (fish on), more noise than just a flag.

As for your question I have never used one but know of 1 guy who uses it and really like it.

Rockymtnx
01-11-2008, 10:20 PM
Well I didnt really wait long to see anyones comments other than RyanGSP's.
I went and ordered two of them up. I will give you guys a report in two weeks when I get them.

crudedude
01-11-2008, 10:32 PM
Hey Rocky where did you order them from? How much were they?

Rockymtnx
01-12-2008, 05:01 PM
I ordered them from a Ebay seller that I got a AquaVu from a few weeks ago.
MSRP is $34.99ea . I paid $31 for two shipped here.

calgarygringo
01-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Looks interesting. My father in law did a homemade like that except with wires for the line outside the shack. The idea is great. I imagine the wireless would be even better. For you ebay guys I just looked and there are several avilable on auction from the 6-12 dollar each range.