PDA

View Full Version : NXT Fly Fishing Outfit by Temple Fork Outfitters

Steven Noel
08-22-2011, 10:19 PM
Hello everyone. I am finding myself in need of a moderately priced four piece fly rod and reel combo for an upcoming backpacking excursion and am looking at the NXT Fly Fishing Outfit by Temple Fork Outfitters in a 5/6 WT. I would not be using this rod for fish of any great size, and most (if not all) would be stripped so a liquid smooth drag is not important. I understand this is not an expensive set up and I should limit my expectations accordingly. However, I would greatly appreciate any information or reviews in regards to this set up.

Thank You Kindly,

Steven Noel

alacringa
08-22-2011, 10:23 PM
I have one in 4wt, and have landed Cutts, 'Bows, and Brookies up to about 16" with it. It's a decent combo...good price. I like my BVK better, but the NXT does its job just fine. I find the action a little slow for my liking, though.

BGSH
08-22-2011, 10:27 PM
I just caught a huge rainbow on a tfo 4wt rod and loved it, light rod, great action, and very compact, for the price its bang on the buck.

Steven Noel
08-22-2011, 10:28 PM
I just caught a huge rainbow on a tfo 4wt rod and loved it, light rod, great action, and very compact, for the price its bang on the buck.

I saw that congratas on the beauty 26" bow with Islander reel.