PDA

View Full Version : Slave lake walleye

walleye man
08-23-2011, 01:04 PM
Heading up to slave really soon, wondering whats the lake and the river like and where r the fishing hot spots.... Thanks guys

finner-duramax
08-23-2011, 01:58 PM
was up there on the weekend, fishing was good. biggest eye was 22inchs.
fishing in about 18 to 22 feet of water.

outwalking
08-23-2011, 02:37 PM
I was talking to our taper today and he was catching them in 27 feet, apparently. I've never fished the lake or the river myself.

superuke
08-23-2011, 07:20 PM
Been there last weekend, good fishing results west of dog island. Picked up a bunch over 50 cm.

Jacek
08-24-2011, 08:09 AM
I guess it depends at want part of the lake your going to, I ve only fished the west side shaws point, hillards bay, Joussard area. Right now the grouard bridge channel has been the best on the lake, at least it was when I was there 2 weeks ago. Me and my wife/kids caught 20 in 2 hrs including a walleye and a pike on one shot using a walleye rig. I guess quite often people there have been getting 2 walleye on one rig.

All you need is walleye rigs, a med weight, minnows. Throw your line softly out into the channel, set the rod down and set it tight, make sure you grab chairs, than just sit back and watch your rod.

If you catch a whopper just ask the other fisherman if you can sneak under there lines and head to side of bridge shore to bring those in.

If on boat you can try Joussard there are two places that are good, little grassy and big grassy. I think little grassy is just to the right of the boat launch, look for weeds with a drop off not far. Might want to ask a local though its been a few years since I ve been there.

Hillards you can go to the cutbank which agian is a 30 some ft drop off the runs a long line, if leaving the boat launch its left towards or just passed that point you see . Hard to explain because its been awhile and it is a large lake.Maybe someone else on here can correct me that knows the spots better.

Anyways your going to a hot lake, look for drop offs and fall time the fish are deeper 30 some ft like the person above mentioned, good luck and have fun.

walleye man
08-25-2011, 01:01 PM
No kidding! What r u guys using

finner-duramax
08-25-2011, 02:17 PM
any jig head, with leeches or worms.

walleye man
08-25-2011, 05:10 PM
I was fishing shallower yesterday, but that's where everyone here said they were catching, but obviously not for me . So where were u catching?:confused:

walleye man
08-25-2011, 06:02 PM
Been there last weekend, good fishing results west of dog island. Picked up a bunch over 50 cm.

What were u using?

rsako
08-29-2011, 01:08 PM
heading to Shaw's Point for the tourney this weekend...anybody know if the water on the west end is still muddy looking?

praying for calmer waters...

Shmag
08-29-2011, 01:20 PM
heading to Shaw's Point for the tourney this weekend...anybody know if the water on the west end is still muddy looking?

praying for calmer waters...

Talked with a co-worker who said it cleared up pretty good....Good luck in the derby, may the fishing gods smile down upon you!!!!

rsako
08-29-2011, 03:19 PM
Talked with a co-worker who said it cleared up pretty good....Good luck in the derby, may the fishing gods smile down upon you!!!!

Awesome. Thanks for the good wishes :)
Now where did i put those hand grenades???

rielbowhunter
08-29-2011, 09:02 PM
I was there yesterday. fishing was great. it was are first time on the lake in a boat. we fished mostly 25' range, but caught the biggest one in 16', it was 54 cm. minnows and blades. nonstop action. kids had fun. we went for a swim to. LOL.