PDA

View Full Version : Shimano Warrenty

wall94
08-23-2011, 02:33 PM
just bought a shimano rod last week and today i was driving back from camping and found out i closed the door on my rod. so im guessing im basically screwed considering it was my fault but does anyone know if i could get it exchanged still?

freeones
08-23-2011, 03:59 PM
just bought a shimano rod last week and today i was driving back from camping and found out i closed the door on my rod. so im guessing im basically screwed considering it was my fault but does anyone know if i could get it exchanged still?

You could try, but I'd be amazed if they covered it. It's not hard to tell a rod defect from a rod that's been broken in a car door.

The reality is it's entirely your fault and has nothing to do with warranty, you'd basically be comitting fraud. Take responsibility for your actions, take your lumps, and be more careful next time.

wall94
08-23-2011, 04:04 PM
just got off the phone with the guy at cabelas and apperently its covered, they will swap it right in the store

freeones
08-24-2011, 08:50 AM
just got off the phone with the guy at cabelas and apperently its covered, they will swap it right in the store

You actually told them you broke it in your car door and they agreed to replace it?

Shows what I know. Either you weren't honest with them, or there really is no need for personal responsibility these days.

Brutal if you ask me. No wonder rods are so expensive...

wall94
08-24-2011, 11:31 AM
You actually told them you broke it in your car door and they agreed to replace it?

Shows what I know. Either you weren't honest with them, or there really is no need for personal responsibility these days.

Brutal if you ask me. No wonder rods are so expensive...

Yea I called them up an said I was wondering if the shimano warranty covers rods that broke in a car door and he said yea it should be so I took it in and told them what happened an got it swaped no problem

Unknown303
08-24-2011, 12:13 PM
Wow those guys are awesome.. strange to cover user error but a nice change of pace I guess.

drivinman22
08-24-2011, 01:22 PM
And that my friends is why rods cost what they do.

RavYak
08-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Damn, I have a busted rod I bought this spring and a defective reel. If only I could find that bloody receipt...