PDA

View Full Version : fishin hole sale

nwt flyfisher
08-23-2011, 07:14 PM
im trying to get a new pike rod and reel the guy said that there is the tfo ten weight lefty kreigh signature series and scientific angller pike series line and amundson trend reel wich i really liked, any body tryed aany of those if you could give me some advise that would be great.

maclennanchris
08-23-2011, 09:17 PM
10 weight a bit beefy? i use my 8 out at Wab and do just fine

fishpro
08-23-2011, 09:24 PM
Anywhere from an 8wt to a 10wt will be good for pike. I'd recommend the 9wt Redington Predator, great rod at a great price. I used this rod in the NWT for pike this spring and found it to be great, both for big flies and for big fish. Judging based on your name I'm guessing you'll be fishing up north a lot and could end up fishing for lakers, in which case I would recommend at least a 9, if not a 10. Once you hook one you'll see why, it took a while to get a 15 lb trout in on my 9wt. So if you're going to be targetting big lakers as well I'd say get a 10, otherwise get an 8 or 9, it'll be a bit lighter for casting all day.

Lefty-Canuck
08-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Anywhere from an 8wt to a 10wt will be good for pike. I'd recommend the 9wt Redington Predator, great rod at a great price. I used this rod in the NWT for pike this spring and found it to be great, both for big flies and for big fish. Judging based on your name I'm guessing you'll be fishing up north a lot and could end up fishing for lakers, in which case I would recommend at least a 9, if not a 10. Once you hook one you'll see why, it took a while to get a 15 lb trout in on my 9wt. So if you're going to be targetting big lakers as well I'd say get a 10, otherwise get an 8 or 9, it'll be a bit lighter for casting all day.

I want a Predator too....but TFH doesn't carry it or many Redington rods....

LC

nwt flyfisher
08-23-2011, 09:45 PM
yeah, i was looking and i didnt want a 8 weight to small for up north 50+ inch pike and 40 pound trout is nice one and they didnt carry any 9s.