PDA

View Full Version : Places for kids to catch fish near Strathmore

JeremyGoertz
08-26-2011, 08:24 PM
Does anyone have any recommendations of good fishing (just catching fish, not worried about size or type) near Strathmore?

I haven't fished since I was a kid, and then it was mostly my dad looking after things. Mow I've got my license again and 3 kids who really want to catch fish. I've heard severe damm is a good place, but I have no clue what we should be using and how. Any help would be greatly appreciated:)

Cheers!

pikester
08-26-2011, 08:58 PM
Does anyone have any recommendations of good fishing (just catching fish, not worried about size or type) near Strathmore?

I haven't fished since I was a kid, and then it was mostly my dad looking after things. Mow I've got my license again and 3 kids who really want to catch fish. I've heard severe damm is a good place, but I have no clue what we should be using and how. Any help would be greatly appreciated:)

Cheers!

The Kinsmen Park pond on the east side of downtown has rainbows in it & is designated as a childrens fishing pond, good old bobber & worms or cheese works most of the time. Can't vouch for how well it's fishing right now since I haven't taken the kids down there since June. Might be an issue with weeds especially since it's been so hot recently but there are a couple floating docks around the pond that might get you far enough out to get a line in the water. That's about the only place nearby besides Eagle Lake which is just a couple miles southeast of town but it's not a very good lake at the best of times plus you would need a boat to hit the couple "good" spots. Good luck!

WayneChristie
08-26-2011, 09:02 PM
welcome to the forum, if you want to drive a little further, the pond at Enchant is full of perch, and lots of little stocked rainbows. same deal, bobber and worm or gulp maggots work great. playground and beach as well if they get bored with a good washroom on site