08-26-2011, 11:04 PM
wow looks like a nice quiet spot. very cool

Dust1n
08-26-2011, 11:10 PM
looks like an awsome play

BobLoblaw
08-26-2011, 11:22 PM
Nice!
Beauty cutt, beautiful water; can't beat that!

GillieSuit
08-27-2011, 09:41 AM
Won't be quiet for long if you keep posting pics on the World Wide Web. Jeepers. Can't anyone just enjoy a nice day out on a quiet piece of water without showing off to everyone. Man o Man. That's all I can say about that.

matt1984
08-27-2011, 11:05 AM
X2

tacklerunner
08-27-2011, 11:30 AM
-1 If you can't handle a guy posting a couple pics of fishing on a FISHING FORUM, what are you doing here??? Any idea how many tributaries there are out there?

Nic pics flyguy1. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum.

N8orDie
08-27-2011, 11:39 AM
Those pics could be from any number of Highwood Tribs! It's not like it's some secret hole somewhere that nobody knows about. The way I see it, if you're not the only one who knows about a spot, it really won't make a difference if you post pics or not.

Flyrod1970
08-27-2011, 11:49 AM
Anyone who fishes up there knows where those pics are from! Nice fish, it's a beauty spot but it is gettin fished more and more. When I started fishing up there 8 years ago you wouldn't often see other people but now I see at least 4 or 5 people every time I go, sometimes more. But as long as people are catchin and releasin I can't complain too much!! I've lived in the states in places like Idaho and Montana and their idea of uncrowded fishing makes our crowded days seem not so bad.

GaryF
08-27-2011, 12:44 PM
One pic of a pool and one pic of a fish on any one of the many highwood tribs is going to spoil it? Give it a rest.

Great pics, glad you had a great day out!

hairygrump
08-28-2011, 06:28 AM
I've never fished there so its kind of like looking for a needle in a haystack. Lets see, go find a body of water in the alberta foothills, locate the rocky section, and fish it. Yep, its going to be overwhelmed any day now.

hassihand
08-28-2011, 09:06 AM
Excellent post w great pics. Pay no mind to those who think our 1000's of hectares of public access land are theirs alone.

Flyfisher87
08-28-2011, 09:58 AM
Nice pics of some nice fish. I agree with others on this thread. We are all residents of Alberta, therefore we have to pay taxes. We own the land, the water, and the resources that go with the land and water. The world is moving forward, more people moving to the province, more people enjoying what the outdoors has to offer, more holes being drilled in the ground searching for the ever-growing demand for oil and other resources. More roads being plowed in the backcountry to search for these resources. Every piece of water in the province is accessible somehow. Finding solitude in Alberta is getting harder and harder. It is the price we pay to move forward. Either you accept it for what it is or you go elswhere. I am not going to quit fishing just because my favorite piece of water tht was virtually unoccupied a few years ago now has half a dozen people on it on any given day. I find a spot where I have room to cast and start fishing. As long as people are following the rules. I have no problem with it.

jeprli
08-28-2011, 11:32 AM
Nice pics!!!

I've been to Highwood about 6 times this year, and only once did i run into people. Don't know where most of you fish it but on workdays nobody seems to be around.