PDA

View Full Version : Lac St. Anne

Smasher
08-27-2011, 06:34 PM
Went to lac st anne today and had a blast again!Took my dad and my son out and landed 122 walleye between the three of us.The algea bloom is in full force but it didn't seem to bother the fish.A great day was had by all!:happy0180:

NSRfishing
08-27-2011, 07:14 PM
it was good fishing today the retard kids jumping into the water infront of the launching boats was annoying swimming right toward the trailer backing up no parents around

Jiffy10
08-30-2011, 01:08 PM
Congrats on the great day fishing....

what end of the lake did you have all the success ??

rock island ? narrows etc...

jigs and minnows or spoons ??

always looking for a tip or two,,,,,,

nichead
08-30-2011, 02:48 PM
Went to lac st anne today and had a blast again!Took my dad and my son out and landed 122 walleye between the three of us.The algea bloom is in full force but it didn't seem to bother the fish.A great day was had by all!:happy0180:

Good to hear you catchin some fish there smasher!!

HunterDave
08-30-2011, 03:59 PM
I was out there on Saturday but I only fished for a half hour or so. I caught 2 decent sized walleye and one HUGE MONSTER walleye. I didn't have a tape measure but I'm going to guess at an inch or two under 2 feet........big and fat too! :sHa_shakeshout:

I usually have a tub of frozen minnows to put on a jig when I go out there to fish but I didn't have any with me this time. I used a purple rubber grub with a tail on a green/yellow jig head and there was no need to change to anything else.

I was fishing by the rock island where I usually go. There were several other boats anchored in the area but I only saw one other walleye caught besides my three. My secret...........I don't anchor. I will bring my boat to about 250 yds from the island and drift in towards it jigging along the way. Once I get into shallower water (6-7 ft) I start the motor up and move back out to the 250 yd point. When the wind and waves are going in the opposite direction then I do the opposite. It makes sense that you'd cover allot more area that way than just sitting anchored.

At this time of year the walleye are not hitting the jigs hard. They are basically just putting it in their mouth but not swimming away with them. If you feel any resistance on your line when you are jigging you have to assume that you have a walleye on so you'd better set the hook. GL :)

Smasher
08-31-2011, 11:29 AM
Congrats on the great day fishing....

what end of the lake did you have all the success ??

rock island ? narrows etc...

jigs and minnows or spoons ??

always looking for a tip or two,,,,,,
We were using jigs and minnows and fishing in 9ft of water on the north side of the lake.When we ran out of bait,we just used a yellow or black grub and they didn't mind.They weren't slamming the jigs so you really need to pay attention to your line.Caught some really nice ones too!

HunterDave
08-31-2011, 11:54 AM
Don't forget about the pike in the lake. Rumor has it that a lady caught a +/- 30 lb pike out of Lac Ste Anne last week. I'm still trying to find out who it was.

cranky
08-31-2011, 12:06 PM
Good for you man. Three generations together fishing, how cool is that!

Got my Tilley we were talking about from that store on 109 st by the way. Great hat.

Smasher
08-31-2011, 07:44 PM
Don't forget about the pike in the lake. Rumor has it that a lady caught a +/- 30 lb pike out of Lac Ste Anne last week. I'm still trying to find out who it was.
You're right. We caught a half dozen pike with the biggest being about 8pds.And yes cranky,it was great to have the three of us together for a day out on the lake.Glad to know you're enjoying your new hat(i think i'll put a new one on my xmas list.heh,heh,heh.)