PDA

View Full Version : Fishing near Canmore

moonyrat
08-29-2011, 09:48 AM
Hi, our family is planning a trip to Canmore this long weekend, where is a good place to fish do still water fishing near Canmore this time of the year? We have small children so hiking is not an option. Thanks in advance.:)

bubbles
08-29-2011, 01:54 PM
Spray lakes on the soulth side of Canmore

boroumand8
08-29-2011, 05:20 PM
I`ve never actually fished it myslelf, but coal lake by wetaskwin is supposed to be good. There`s also this lake called driedmeat that's supposed to have some fish in it. Battle river south of the town might be worth a try

moonyrat
08-29-2011, 06:37 PM
I`ve never actually fished it myslelf, but coal lake by wetaskwin is supposed to be good. There`s also this lake called driedmeat that's supposed to have some fish in it. Battle river south of the town might be worth a try

thanks man for the input, but I think you mistaken canmore as camrose...:)

moonyrat
08-29-2011, 06:39 PM
Spray lakes on the soulth side of Canmore

thanks

Spidey
08-29-2011, 06:45 PM
For a nice family/picnic area you can hit Grotto pond (on the North side of the highway between Canmore and Exshaw on the 1A). Stocked with RBs and bait is allowed.

There are also some family friendly spots along the Bow River around town. Best place to start is Bridge Road just off of 8th ave down town that crosses the river and go either upstream or down stream, whichever looks best for you. There's a decent parking lot just south of the bridge.

Dust1n
08-29-2011, 09:00 PM
the creek that runs through it i can honstely say its fished out the little trickle of water though has some small trout

moonyrat
08-29-2011, 10:35 PM
For a nice family/picnic area you can hit Grotto pond (on the North side of the highway between Canmore and Exshaw on the 1A). Stocked with RBs and bait is allowed.

There are also some family friendly spots along the Bow River around town. Best place to start is Bridge Road just off of 8th ave down town that crosses the river and go either upstream or down stream, whichever looks best for you. There's a decent parking lot just south of the bridge.

the creek that runs through it i can honstely say its fished out the little trickle of water though has some small trout

Thanks guys, really appreciated:)