PDA

View Full Version : look out pigeon

slingshot
01-14-2008, 07:03 AM
Tryed pigeon for a change and as usual not good for us.Got there in the dark and wanted to fish shallow flats but could not find acess at moon what ever so went to old zyners.lots of tracks stayed close to shore as I was leary with a one ton diesel.Set up started to fish but had a hard time knowing where the wire worm was for the first hour.As daylight arrived more vehicles came onto the ice and headed a bit further south east.Saw one walleye and pulled the hook away and that was it.Packed up and wanted to fish further east so pulled the hut and noticed markers on the ice so I stopped and talked to some other guys and asked if they knew what the signs were for they did not know.So we setup in the new area close to shore.Shortly after a vehicle pulled up and a cute voice stated and said excuse me but do you know that you are fishing in a no fishing zone.We said our sorrys and she stated that she worked for I believe parks and rec.She also stated that she made the same mistake and was told by a local cabin owner.So was nice enough to let us know before the warden came by.She also stated that they were going to net the lake for a creel sensious next week.We packed up again and headed outside the markers in 10 feet of water sand bottom tryed wire worms no luck did not see a thing except a sucker cruse the bottom.

It has been a while since i have fished this lake and changes do happen markers on frozen water where i used to have a bit of sucess.

Penner
01-14-2008, 09:38 AM
Sorry to hear about your luck.

FYI, they have closed the far NW bay near fisherhome all year around for angling. In the summer they have also marked that area with floating buoys. It is good to see that they are now marking it during the winter too. Your best to avoid that area as the CO's will fine you for fishing in the closed zone. It was nice of that lady to warn you.

I was out again on Sunday as well to Pigeon and we faired very well. Myself I landed 12 whites, 3 eyes, and 1 pike. Loss many near the hole. This time out it was all C&R.