PDA

View Full Version : trout fishing near edmonton

waterninja
08-29-2011, 04:05 PM
hello fellow anglers. i am new to this site and not very computer literate. I have been fishing for many years but only recently started fishing in the edmonton area after getting spoiled in B.C. I love trout fishing and take advantage of the stocked ponds near edmonton such as hermitage. I would like to find a lake near edmonton where the trout overwinter so there is a chance of cathing a large one. at this time i fish from shore and heard that spring lake might be a good place to try. I have gotten conflicting info. as to how to accsess the lake. does anyone out there have info. as to where you would drive or walk in to fish spring lake?

uplander
08-29-2011, 04:33 PM
if you take the yellowhead west towards wabamun there's a trout lake called east pit you can fish from shore and there's some decent fish in there just do a search about it on google or go to albertastillwaters.com and there's an info page on there about that lake and directions to it.

cheers

RavYak
08-29-2011, 05:26 PM
Don't bother with Spring, have to pay to get in and I don't believe the fishing is very good(over run with perch). Sauer, Chickakoo and Muir are the best around Edmonton that I have been too. Muir is the only one you will catch big ones at though but has a bait ban and you have to let everything go less then 50 cm(and I doubt you would want to eat anything over 50 cm). All are fishable from shore but you will have a much better chance if you pick up a belly boat, canoe, pontoon boat etc.

BGSH
08-29-2011, 07:11 PM
sauer lake,chiccakoo or eastpit is a great choice