PDA

View Full Version : between morley and canmore

elementzero
08-29-2011, 09:15 PM
Hey there, Im heading out to nakoda lodge for a wedding this friday, but figure I will head up thursday morning and get some fly fishing in. Was hoping someone could let me in on a nice spot between morley and canmore?
I know you can pay at nakoda but would rather hit the rivers. thanks for any advice or locations.

jts1
08-29-2011, 10:38 PM
Have a look at my google map thread. I have marked the Bow from Gap Lake up stream towards Canmore. Feel free to send a pm if I can help in anyway.

rookflyguy
08-29-2011, 10:41 PM
cant help ya there furthest i have been is east of ghost lake, let me know how the fishing is that way. :fighting0074:

elementzero
08-29-2011, 11:07 PM
Yeah thanks jts1 I just took a closer look at that. what spot would you say i would have the best luck at. Or do you just park at the upper bow parking and able to wade the area?

jts1
08-30-2011, 12:40 AM
Upper bow parking yep I think that's what a called it. Once there just start pop on the wadders and get at it. You will find some nice runs for the next few km. You will come to a spot where another watershed enters the Bow. "regs should be posted there". Along that new watershed is a campground. You may be able to see a big ass Canadian flag that is the gas station and hotel on the #1 just before Canmore. You could start from there as well if you wish.

elementzero
08-30-2011, 11:16 AM
Well so rookflyguy and I are going to the above mentioned location this thursday in the morning, if anyone would like to join in we would be happy to meet people there. Just reply to this thread or send me a pm and will figure things out.