PDA

View Full Version : devon tomorrow

Thundercatcher
08-29-2011, 09:18 PM
Heading to Devon bridge tomorrow to do some fly fishing and regualr fishing. How do I catch my 1st river fish?

FishingFrenzy
08-29-2011, 09:54 PM
Heading to Devon bridge tomorrow to do some fly fishing and regualr fishing. How do I catch my 1st river fish?

My advice, don't go to the devon bridge. I've spent a few hours down in that area and not even a bite. Walked about half a km upstream and downstream, didn't find any fish or good holes.

Tons of snags out there too, when the river is clear you can see quite a few lures on the bottom.

Im pretty sure there's some decent spots out closer to Genesee (sp?) and also some spots in Edmonton like where the whitemud enters the river. I dont know of any spots in the devon area.

Tight lines!

RavYak
08-29-2011, 10:05 PM
There is one nice hole that I found. North side at the base of the cliff. River is low enough you can walk a ways along it. When walking there you will notice that it gets really shallow(gravel bar) go past this and there will be a hole.

Only place I have ever caught a fish on the NSR...

When I was there other guys were catching goldeye on the south side of the river directly across from me as well(hear many people talk about fishing across from cliff too).

Thundercatcher
08-29-2011, 10:12 PM
how do you get to the Genesee spot from Spruce Grove. How far of a ride and is there a parking spot there?

HOSSTONE1
08-30-2011, 10:31 PM
Its quite easy. Head west on Yellowhead to sec. road 770. go south for 20 minutes or so and when you cross it, take your first left down to the river. its about a 32 minute ride from spruce grove. lots of parking right by the river and when the river is low, you can walk the shoreline too.

enjoy!!!

Thundercatcher
08-30-2011, 10:35 PM
awesome thanks. Any good spot there? I am looking for Walleye but also want to fly fish for goldeye